- advertisement -

Questions I never thought I'd ask

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa P., Jun 23, 2008.

1. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Bet you can come up with better ones. . . .

How many carbohydrate grams in a periwinkle blue crayon?

What is the I:C on the IEP for my DD who was DX with D with the help of a CDE and endo?

How soon can we start sticking a needle into her once every few days instead of four times each day?

Is type 1 diabetes caused by. . . .being an older mom, certain vaccinations, breastfeeding without prenatal vitamins, living in a house bombarded by alien rays and going around without my tinfoil hat when pregnant. . .

It’s 3 a.m. and she’s at 300 -- do I give her insulin and risk a low, or give her water and have to change the sheets and air the mattress in the morning. . .

2. shekov

shekov Approved members

At my dd's pump party with our D neighbors we made up new lyrics to "Happy Birthday". The second verse (to follow the obvious "Happy Pump Day to You") was "How many carbs in the cake ...":D

3. 3js

3js Approved members

LOL. Well, at 3am I get up and my 1st thought is ALWAYS: is he low? Mostly because I absolutely hate knowing if he is I`ll be up for at least 20min more:eek:

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

:confused: I thought I was the only one doing this :p

5. Lee

Lee Approved members

? I thought I would never have to ask my 10 year old:

Are you high?

6. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

do you feel high?

(with the face of warning, head cocked to one side) do you know how much insulin i will have to give you if you eat that??

fingers or toes this time?

7. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

sometimes I feel guilty when check her at 2am and she's 190 (last night). I can sleep great then, and she's down to low 100's by morning.................

8. Gwyn

Gwyn Approved members

If your friends ate a thousand carbs would you eat them too?????

That's a favorite at our house.

9. 3js

3js Approved members

another one (and it drives my son nuts:eek:)- instead of asking "how was your day", it`s "what`s your bg?"