advertisement

Question for Parents on CWD

Discussion in 'Stickies' started by CTuban, Nov 25, 2009.

1. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

This text here to feed the reply monster.

2. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

I really love CWD and I am glad to be here.

3. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

1. What made you join CWD originally? my daughter has type 1 diabetes and I was looking for support groups
    2. How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD? pretty simple, if not I post a new topic
    3. What feature do you use most often? forums
    4. What do you like most about CWD, and why? forums...tips, and sharing
    5. What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes? Endo, clinic, books, diabetic educators, nurses
    6. What other online sites or services do you value most, and why? diabetic daily, recipes, diabetic mall, ADA, JDRF, for help with formulas, foods, menus, basic info, and blogs
    7. What would your world be like without CWD? depressing, I would feel alone and have a pity party
    8. If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like? a good friend, always there, supportive, helpful, insightful, understanding, educational
    9. If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why? not much comes to mind..all I can think of is cute characters moving around ...such as hugs being animated. We hug often...virtually
    10. Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD? I already do receive emails to forums I am interested in.
      Educational or new technology info is a benefit.
    [/QUOTE]

4. jendean

jendean Approved members

HEre are my answers, hope they help

1. As a CWD users/participants, we would love to get your thoughts on a couple of questions.
    2. What made you join CWD originally? Diagnosis, and the desire to learn more, know more, and find out how other people made it through
    3. How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD? With about 80% accuracy, the local support section was hard to get to
    4. What feature do you use most often? Forums
    5. What do you like most about CWD, and why? Its free, People without a credit card can access this site, and it has the most up to date info. I like that there is good info and accurate info on type 1 diabetes, and that CWD does not give medical advice to people.
    6. What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes? Endo, docs, local support group,
    7. What other online sites or services do you value most, and why? Tudiabetes, Diabetestalkfest.com, I used to like insulin pumpers.org but they kept sending me lame ads...
    8. What would your world be like without CWD? More frustrating
    9. If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like? attractive and charming?
    10. If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why? More interactive stuff, product reviews, and such...
    11. Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD?
    1. NO I check the site frequently, and that is why I quit insulin pumpers.
    [/QUOTE]

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

my answers in purple above.:cwds:

6. Pavlos

Pavlos Approved members

What made you join CWD originally?
    My daughter's diagnosis in Nov. 2007
    How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD?
    Finding info @ CWD has never been a problem
    What feature do you use most often?
    The forum: Parents of Children with Type 1 and Research
    What do you like most about CWD, and why?
    Sharing information with people who have been in the same boat as I for a longer period, and passing such info to newcomers...
    What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes?
    Our Endo, various books (particularly by Ragnar Hanas) and various diabetes-related sites.
    What other online sites or services do you value most, and why?
    The site of DRI (their PEP squad provided tons of valuable support to my family when I most needed it) and the Greek site www.sugarfree.gr, a local diabetes portal and the closest thing to CWD available in Greece.
    What would your world be like without CWD?
    I would be in black darkness and confusion and my daughter would still be suffering with Regular and NPH
    If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like?
    Like Jeff Hitchcock, like you, like me, like any parent of a diabetic child trying to make the best out of a half-full glass...
    If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why?
    It is light-years ahead of any other comparable site, in all honesty I cannot think of any suggestions for improvement...
    Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD?
    By all means.

7. redmcgee

redmcgee Approved members

1. As a CWD users/participants, we would love to get your thoughts on a couple of questions.
    2. What made you join CWD originally? Found this site after dx and needed the support of others just like my family and after yr. after yr. still find the support/questions I need
    3. How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD? Sometimes easily other times not so easy
    4. What feature do you use most often? search or quicklinks
    5. What do you like most about CWD, and why? the support
    6. What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes? the internet
    7. What other online sites or services do you value most, and why? typeone parents, support there also
    8. What would your world be like without CWD? Don't even want to imagine not being able to get on here and ask questions I would be calling my doctor alot but who really knows best besides another mother.
    9. If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like? helpful, friendly, reliable, always, always there for you at any time and for anything
    10. If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why? Not sure
    11. Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD? Defintely yes.

8. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

2. What made you join CWD originally?Information and support
    3. How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD?I use the search or post my question
    4. What feature do you use most often?by far the forums
    5. What do you like most about CWD, and why?the great information and help I have received from the members
    6. What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes?local support group, although they are not available at 2am
    7. What other online sites or services do you value most, and why?I joined Facebook to connect further with my friends here
    8. What would your world be like without CWD?uninformed
    9. If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like?the friend who is ALWAYS there even if you take a break you can roll back in and still feel wlecome
    10. If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why?cant think of anything at this time
    11. Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD?no, I search for info if needed...thanks

9. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

As a CWD users/participants, we would love to get your thoughts on a couple of questions.

What made you join CWD originally? I joined the weekend my daughter was dx'd with diabetes.
    How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD? usually very easily
    What feature do you use most often? the forums, especially the parents of children with type 1 forum
    What do you like most about CWD, and why? instant access to a whole group of people who understand without much explanation, because they are there too.
    What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes? books, online articles and researchWhat other online sites or services do you value most, and why? I don't use most other sites - just look at a few on occasion.
    What would your world be like without CWD? devoid of people who understand.
    If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like? she would be a person full of information, but sometimes tempermental. She would give you a variety of choices and then leave you to pick your own. She might criticize you if you don't pick the choice she thought you should, but if you continue to hang around, she'll eventually accept you and your choices. She would take a little persisitence to get to know, but once you got to know her, you wouldn't ever want to be without her.
    If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why? CWD seems to bring out both the best and the worst in people. It is not the same place it was a year or two ago, at least in the forums, but I'm really not sure why. I think maybe we need more frequent reminders from Jeff that the purpose of posting isn't always to be right, or to pull other posters to a particular way of thinking.
    Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD?
    I already receive the weekly ones and those are perfect.

10. Toni

Toni Banned

As a CWD users/participants, we would love to get your thoughts on a couple of questions.
    Looking for information.

Very easy.

I now use forums and use the Index if I want to find info.

I like the fact that you can post a question and get different ideas.

CWD is not the most important resource. Books are. The internet in general. Like how site is organized because this site would be explored before the internet in general for information.

jonathan Levy's site for reasearch info.; Tudiabetes; David Mendosa's site for nutrition; John Walsh's site; ScieneDaily; bloodsugar101; DiabetesMine; DRIs site.... these are the main ones I can think of offhand; there are others.

I would have a much more difficult time finding information.

Hard to answer this one.

Site would be MODERATED such that abusive, name calling and demeaning posts would be immediately removed. The THREADS should not be closed which is often done, limiting freedom of speech. The problem is rarely the threads; it is how some of the posters respond to them. I cannot imagine a world where differences of opinion are not tolerated; yet that is the current CWD world.

No, mailbox is always too full; don't want email unless it is from people I know.

11. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

sPlease see my answers below and thank you for asking

12. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

2. What made you join CWD originally? connect with other parents with CWD

3. How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD? pretty easy once I locate the site "search" box on the home page from the forums

4. What feature do you use most often? search and forums

5. What do you like most about CWD, and why? the sense of community around the one incident that has changed all of our lives: a diagnosis of diabetes

6. What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes? personal endo team

7. What other online sites or services do you value most, and why? Sixuntilme.com - I like reading Kerri's perspective as a conscientious young adult living with type 1

8. What would your world be like without CWD? lonely

9. If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like? compassionate, knowledgeable and likes coffee

10. If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why? improve on combatting trolls, trust is an important part of this community though hard to achieve in the public forum portion

11.Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD? Not sure how "regular" is defined. Daily no: weekly yes.

13. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

What made you join CWD originally? I was looking to talk to other parents that knew what it felt like to have a child with Type 1.

How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD? It is fairly easy.

What feature do you use most often? The forums

What do you like most about CWD, and why? That there is usually someone here willing to help give suggestions.

What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes? books

What other online sites or services do you value most, and why? None

What would your world be like without CWD? I am not sure, really don't want to think about how hard it would be.

If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like? Moody and very caring. Like an old aunt.

If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why? I think there needs to be more moderators. There are a handful of people on here that really like to argue about almost everything and I think if they were told a little sooner they were out of line it might help keep the arguments to a minimum. It is a lot for Jeff to handle alone.

Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD? No

14. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

What made you join CWD originally? desparation! Newly DX'ed and not understanding it. Googled and found you. Got hooked.

How easy are you able to find the information you are looking for on CWD? I found it easier to get help and support when I first joined. There is too much traffic and many of the same questions over and over. I think parents on topic needs to be devided up in to pumping, MDI, food etc -chapters almost. Any way to 'file' it when a post in inactive for 30 days or something so that it disappears in to a chapter?

What feature do you use most often? The forums

What do you like most about CWD, and why? I come from a country where you don't see endo's privately. I got more answers to problems from this community than the hospital. Also different ways of doing things, not just the one that my hospital promotes.

What other resources do you or your family rely on for help learning how to live life with diabetes? books

What other online sites or services do you value most, and why? chat on facebook with many of the friends I've met here (holla girls - oh an
    d the guys too) ask many of my questions there now.

What would your world be like without CWD? there would be a lot of newby's with the 'blinkers on' tunnel vision not questioning their care and options.

If CWD were a person, what would (s)he be like? a librarian. Not judgemental just get you what you wants and if she doesn't have it, will find it for you or point you in the right direction.

If CWD could change or improve in any way, what would it be and why? maybe a like or dislike button. THat way I can feedback without sticking my name up what I think of the people that take EVERYTHING the wrong way. Also, see above on 'chapters' - I'm seldom back because wading through info is hard and I don't get the answers like I used to. Everyone's posting frantically and much I have seen before.

Would you be interested in receiving regular emails from CWD? already do on the mailing list.