- advertisement -

Question for MDIr's

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by danielsmom, Nov 21, 2011.

1. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Are always exact on your time with your nightly dose of Lantus/Levimir?

2. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

When we did MDI's, I tried to keep it as close to the same time as I could, usuallly within about ten minutes or so.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

When we do untethered in the summer we use a 30 minute window. This was suggested by the endo.

4. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

we were told we have an hour

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I try to be within 15 minutes either way of 8PM. Im not sure if it matters but just like to keep him on schedule

6. danielsmom

Ok, I'm usually within 15min. At the most its been 30. Just wondering if anyone did it later than 30 min. after its due?

7. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

We have when it couldn't be avoided, but I found she did better if we kept it as close as possible.

8. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

We were given an hour window. Any more than that (like if I forgot), I'd have to reduce the dose so I wouldn't overlap. But I gave Levemir in 2 doses, so in your case you'd have to worry about having that gap in basal coverage, and possibly/probably dealing with highs. If I thought it would be more than an hour before I could give it, I'd have to plan differently so I could give it at the regular time.

9. momof2greatkids

momof2greatkids Approved members

I think we were told it should be within an hour window. We are usually within 15 minutes, sometimes a half hour. There have been a couple of times when we have pushed the hour, and we didn't see any problems when we did.

10. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

60-90 minutes per endo, but it's not uncommon to be 2 hours. I should note, it's a split dose.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  11. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

when Ashleigh was MDI, we tried to do the lantus within a 30 min window. She normally got it between 8pm-8:30pm.

12. wilf

wilf Approved members

With Levemir we needed 2 doses daily - but the timing of each was pretty flexible (give or take an hour or two).

On Lantus DD gets just one dose, in the morning, and we try to get it in between 7 and 8 am. That having been said, we'll sometimes be an hour or two later on the weekends with no major adverse effects.

13. danielsmom

Ok thanks....I try to stick to schedule....just sometimes dinners...snack everything is running late.....

14. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I'm usually within the hour. But sometimes it's more than an hour later than the previous night, sometimes I do it early 'cause I want to go to bed. I do notice a little more rise if I am late with the shot, I don't really notice a drop if I'm early. It's not much of a difference.
    I've been doing Lantus shots pretty close to 10 PM for the last few years, before that I was doing it when I woke up in the morning.

15. Pavlos

Pavlos Approved members

About an hour plus or minus, sometimes more.

16. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

We do his lantus in the morning. During the week, it's pretty much within 15 minutes. On weekends, it's often a couple of hours late with teenage boy sleeping in syndrome. :)

17. Connor's Mom

Connor's Mom Approved members

We were told we had an hour window but, I always kept it as close as possible like 10 minutes at the most.

18. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

When we were on Levimir we were told we had 90 minutes, we usually were within about 15-20 as we injected at breakfast and bedtime, but yeah, sometimes life happened and we usually saw little difference in number is we were an hour or so off. We were on 5 units total split 2.5 am 2.5 pm so that may have played into it too

19. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Nope, I would say it's usually within 2 1/2 hours give or take....With no problems.

20. danielsmom

Thanks....I asked d manager yesterday and she said within the hour is fine.....but good to hear your responses