- advertisement -

Question for Dex Pros

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dvbo79, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Dvbo79

Dvbo79 Approved members

When there is spaces of time where ??? Shows on the receiver then picks back up again is that a sign that the transmitter is going out? It can be in the same room and still happen. It's been going off and on for about three days. Tia

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

For us that's usually a sign that we need to tape down the sensor, that it's getting "wiggly" OR that the transmitter is wet OR that she's dehydrated.

I take it to mean that the receiver can't quite make sense of the data it's getting or that the transmitter isn't sending a clear signal. If it were a matter of distance between the transmitter and the receiver then you'd likely be seeing the lost signal icon.

3. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

The ??? don't show up as frequently as the out of range --- symbol does. Like Sarah mentioned, it could be that the sensor tape is coming up. A few weeks into using the dex, we started using skintac and taping down the adhesive fabric on the sensor with hypafix dressing. I have read that if you have ??? for 3 hours you can call tech support and they will replace that sensor.

4. caspi

caspi Approved members

We had 3 instances last night with the ??? --- . Every time I went into his room, he was sleeping on it. :wink: I gave him a nudge and he rolled back over. If it happened again I was going to shove some pillows against his back so he couldn't roll over again, lol.

5. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We see the ???s when her BG is rising fast. Last night, for instance.