- advertisement -

question about my non d daughter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mommyof5, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mommyof5

mommyof5 Approved members

Well my almost 5 year old has been peeing the bed so I decided to test her. It wad about an hour after eating and she was 159. Her fasting this morning was 100. What are normal ranges for non d's and should I be concerned? I will be testing her more but when should I? Thanks!

2. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

My non-d daughter has shown post-meal spikes since she was born. (They should outlaw nervous parents with a meter quick at hand) So far so good on that end, they come back down rather quickly. So we try to 'test her less' and try to avoid the paranoia of another Dx.

3. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

when I was wearing my dd's dexcom during the learning phase, I would spike like that after meals. and was concerned. i am pretty sure I had bloodwork done after/went to doc/ and I was ok.

4. NatBMomto4

NatBMomto4 Approved members

when Andrew was dx'd. I asked my daughter's pediatrician what her normal range was in case I ever saw symptoms and wanted to check her, I would know. He said the range is the same as Andrew's - 80 to 150 is considered normal. I have only tested her once, after "breakfast" (she eats like a baby bird at breakfast - a few Cheerios and some milk) and she was 79...no worries there!

5. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

if you are very concerned, give her a bunch of carbs---juice/soda and test 30 min later, it will remove any doubt.

6. mommyof5

mommyof5 Approved members

Thanks, I may try that lol. I hate being so paranoid.

7. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

This is what I would do. I have tested myself in many different situations. The highest I have ever been was 120 one time.

8. allisa

allisa Approved members

I agree with others....do one big test to remove doubt then stop worrying.
    We've all tested our non-D kids at least once 'cause we were scared....but....I highly recommend not making a habit of it or " keeping an eye on it"....I think it could freak the kids :eek:

9. KelliTwins

KelliTwins Approved members

I do the same thing. My daughter is 5, and has been peeing the bed frequently. I tested her, and she is always around 80. It makes me crazy to feel so paranoid, but I just don't want to miss anything! I feel your pain!:eek: