- advertisement -

Question about Guardian and Enlite sensor

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by redheadmom, Jan 31, 2013.

1. redheadmom

redheadmom Approved members

Does anyone know if the new Enlite sensors are going to work with the current Guardian (when they are released)?

I phoned Minimed and they will not release that information. It would help me with an insurance situation to know the answer to that question, and I thought maybe some of you might have heard the answer through a Minimed rep or an endo or something. Thanks!

2. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

When we ordered ours in December we were told that yes it would work with the Guardian. On another note, it looks like we may be close to release. Apparently prelim approval was granted Friday last week, with a review of the manufacturing facility needed for full approval. Heres to holding out that we see this by the end of Feb!

3. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

I hope they release it in February....I'm so tired of waiting. We have not yet used a CGM (we've been waiting for the enlite). I sure hope it's worth the wait!!! Whew.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Enlites will work with the Guardian because they use the same transmitter as the current sensors. The rub is that there is a new algorithm on the Veo, and so for those of us who use both the pump and Guardian as receivers, they will not provide the same readings. (Last I heard, there is no plan to update the Guardian software.) It will be interesting for a couple of weeks to compare the two readings, and then it will probably be just annoying.

5. redheadmom

redheadmom Approved members

Thank you for your answers! Now I know what to do with my situation! :)

6. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

It'll be interesting to see what difference the new algorithm makes. The new insertion process, extra tape, and smaller needle makes the Enlite sound very appealing. Wonder if Minimed will offer any rebates for those with Dexcom wanting to possibly switch.

My warranty is about up. The only pump that seemed exciting to possibly switch to, is TSlim, but my insurance won't cover it. Sounds like the Vibe is a long way off since it hasn't even been submitted to FDA...and I don't like Animas enough to switch and wait for the integration. Think I'll just hang onto my pump until something comes along worth purchasing(or until my Ins decides TSlim isn't too new). I'll say, the new Veo with the Enlite sounds very good. I can't wait to hear what people think of it once it is released.