- advertisement -

Question about Dual Wave?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by krstn9@yahoo.com, Apr 20, 2008.

1. krstn9@yahoo.com

krstn9@yahoo.com Approved members

I am starting to use the dual wave. I used it last night for my son for potato skins as well as up'd his basal 20% after dual wave stopped. Wow did it work great! Stayed between 100 and 150 which is unheard of with this meal.

Question is "If I do a dual wave for the meal, and he eats dessert that I also want to do a dual wave for, can I? I tried but it seemed that one time and that was it and you couldn't adjust it other than canceling and doing some math and starting all over again. Thanks!

2. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Nope, you can do a straight bolus while a dual wave is running but that is the only option other than to cancel it and start over.

3. krstn9@yahoo.com

krstn9@yahoo.com Approved members

Thanks

That is a bummer! I guess it requires me to plan dinner and dessert in advance and hope he eats it all. Of course if he doesn't I can cancel the future bolus. Hmmmm. Thanks

4. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

I suppose it depends on the dessert but I usually just straight bolus Jacob for the dessert. It usually has enough sugar that it's going to hit him pretty fast anyway.

5. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

What foods do you all use for the dual wave. Obviously pizza but what other foods would you use this feature for?
    Thanks,
    Judy:)

6. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Anything with high fat content, since fat slows down the emptying of the stomach. Or you can use it if you're taking a long time to eat something, like popcorn in a theater.

7. Isabelle's Mom

Isabelle's Mom Approved members

Cheesecake!! Also french fries and BBQ ribs.

8. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Definitely!!!