- advertisement -

Question about Dex 4 Liquid Glucose

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ginagbaby1, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Ginagbaby1

Ginagbaby1 Approved members

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how good Dex 4 liquid glucose was in treating lows? We use 15 gram juicy juice apple juice boxes to quickly treat David's lows followed by a solid snack. Occasionally we have had to use 2 juice boxes and was wondering if these little drinks work better? We have the cake gell on hand (and of course big red) too but luckilly haven't had to use them. David doesn't like the smarties candy so the glucose tabs won't work.

Thank you :)
    Gina

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We have used them and Rachel didn't mind them at all. I'm not sure they work any faster than juice, but they went down easily enough. I have some more coming :)

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

We got some free when we bought glucose tablets at Costco. Nathan used one when he was fading in the store. I was glad to have it because he wouldn't have been able to chew. We quit carrying juice boxes because they get smooshed in the bag and leak all over.

Nathan LOVED it because he said it tasted like daddy's Mountain Dew!

4. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

They are pricey, but bonus is they are only 2 oz for 15 carbs, not super sweet or syrupy. When I find them on sale I stock up. They take up less room than juice in Abbey's bag.

5. bbirdnuts@aol.com

bbirdnuts@aol.com Approved members

Gina, I believe they work faster. I had Carolina to use one this week and expressed how quickly that tiny bottle worked. I plan to stock up.

6. Ginagbaby1

Ginagbaby1 Approved members

Thanks guys. I will stock up on some more. I also liked how small they were.

Gina
    David 7/2/03 Dx 12/16/09
    Gabriela 4/5/06