- advertisement -

Question about contacts

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by C6H12O6, Aug 13, 2013.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

No, it means you get 6 lenses. Most people have a slightly different RX for each eye, especially if you wear toric lenses (with mine, my correction is the same for both my vision and astigmatism, but my axis is different for each eye, and I can't see a thing if I put them in the wrong eyes), so you usually end up buying a minimum of two boxes.

That said, it's not impossible for the prescription to be the same, but no one I know who wears contacts has the same for both eyes.

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

My rx is different for both eyes. So does that automatically mean I need to buy 2 boxes ? because the order form asks you to specify OD (Right) and OS (Left).

And just to clarify you get 6 individual lenses per box, not 6 pairs ?

Do you use the monthlies yourself ? and what brand do you use ?

4. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

Like Sarah said, if each eye has a different prescription you need to buy one box for each eye for a total of two boxes. Each box will have 6 individual lenses, so your two boxes will give you a 6 month supply or 6 pairs of contacts. My prescription is written for Coopervision Biofinity Toric, which I get from VisionDirect.com.

Christine