- advertisement -

Quality of life in children with diabetes and celiac disease: minimal impact of the ?double diagnosi

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by Ellen, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

2. DadCares

DadCares Approved members

Ellen:

Really good point. If we define quality of life compared to a diagnosis with cancer, maybe celiac is minimal impact. The long-term implications compared to the implications of type 1 diabetes are certainly lower. But this writer is working off the wrong understanding of quality of life. Managing celiac disease lifestyles day-to-day is much more time consuming and "impactful" than managing type 1 diabetes (in the opinion of both my wife and me). Celiac patients experience vitamin deficiencies which are certainly an impact to health / quality of life.

I'm at an Oracle HR/Payroll conference this week and I'm reminded every time I enjoy a lunch or a snack offered between sessions, how different my daughter's life would be if she attends a conference when grown up. She can't eat this stuff. She would have to pack every item of potential food needed for the entire day. Minimal impact to quality of life? I'd love for this writer to spend one day following my wife and daughter and see if that impacts the next article.

3. KHM

KHM Approved members

I'm speechless. The authors must be utterly clueless. I'm going to give some to considering a rebuttal.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members