- advertisement -

Pump Users with Remotes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by tiger7lady, Feb 8, 2011.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

We "Ping" too. The meter remote always travels to school with him along with the rest of his D supplies (glucagon, juice boxes, snacks, etc.) all in a little shark backpack that goes in his regular school backpack. I would not describe Daniel as super responsible--he actually has ADHD--but he's only forgotten his shark at school once. When he gets home, it's the first thing I check--is the shark here?? He even carries it with him in school when he goes to his "specials" (art, gym, music, etc.). I think it gets to be like a woman is with her purse--it's just something you don't leave behind!

2. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

My dd has the ping and she takes the remote to and from school with her since 4th grade.

3. Tyson'smom

Tyson'smom Approved members

My 7 year old has been on the Omnipod for almost 3 years now and has never left it at school. He carries the remote (PDM) and his supplies in a hard plastic pencil case in his backpack and drops it off at the nurse's office on his way to his classroom in the morning. He goes to the nurse before lunch to have his blood checked and to have her bolus his insulin. The nurse checks him before he gets on the bus in the afternoon and sticks his kit in his backpack for the ride home.

4. mmc51264

mmc51264 Approved members

Another "pinger" here LOL His kit, with remote, extra strips, stryinge and insulin go everywhere he goes. he has an emergency kit at school with glucagon and snacksm, etc. just liek at home. We just make sure he has learned that his kit goes everywhere. It has only gotten left once and we went back and got it. We also have extra meters here. It is so much easier at school for them to use the remote (and less exposing to Zach) than the pump itself.