- advertisement -

Pump Time for Us

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dvbo79, Aug 7, 2015.

1. msschiel

msschiel Approved members

We just met with the Animas rep today (he is a diabetic and on the Vibe, which is only available to those 18 and older and it communicates with the Dexcom). Now Aaron is thinking of the Ping. The remote feature would be nice for night times when he isn't doing the correcting, but I think the t:slim seems easier to learn and I love the brighter screen. Such a hard choice when you are stuck with something for 4 years. I wish they would hand a CGM out at diagnosis and that insurance companies would cover more of the supplies and such.

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

If you want the Vibe, you can ask your endo to write a prescription regardless of the age. The companies just can't market to that age group.

We are in the midst of a T-slim trial, and my daughter already loves it as much as you can love an insulin delivery method. With the exception of the remote, it has the best features of both the pod and the Medtronic she's worn and some nice features neither of them have. The fill method is longer, but as she already pointed out, in some ways, it's less because you can let it fill on its own instead of holding it the entire time.

We asked about the integration and upgrade to that just out of curiosity, but really, integration is outdated before its even been released. The Dexcom G5 is due out very soon, and looking at a phone is easier than digging out the pump. The t-slim integrated won't have Share, which is a deal-breaker for us on that option.