- advertisement -

Pump setting tool

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by frizzyrazzy, Dec 11, 2010.

1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Crawling back into my "tertile" shell.... :p

LOL. Well, whatever side of the brain is called upon to enjoy this work ... mine has faulty wiring, no doubt.

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I was ok until I found the page that explained it all. then I made a noise that reminded me a bit of spongebob's friend patrick (the really dumb one) lol

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Interesting. My basal and I:C suggestions from the first link are very similar to what I currently use, but the correction factor is way off (would cause serious lows if I corrected with that much).

Currently reading the second one. I'm going through some D "issues" at the moment, so maybe this will help me to straighten it out.

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I think it's the left hand side.

;)

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

*Faint*

Oh geez....message too short..excuse me

*re-faint*

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Okay, so does anyone get why someone would have a very high ISF when their I:C and basals are both ridiculously average? I'm very sensitive to both carbs and insulin, compared with most people of my age and weight (1g carb raises BG around 10pts, and 1 unit insulin lowers BG around 100pts). None of these cool calculation devices ever work for my ISF.. :(:p

8. angiej

angiej Approved members

OK - I am really struggling to get numbers that bear any relationship to what we do. I wonder if I am getting something fundamentally wrong - I don't care what units |I use, but I suspect I am muddling more than one system. Please tell me what you filled in for;

English or metric?
    What do you measure weight in (pounds, kilos, something else?)
    bg in mmol or mg/dl?

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Took me a while to get something which made sense, but in the end I did English, weight in lbs and BG avg. in mg/dl. Which is weird, since neither of those measurements are really English.. Haha.

10. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Fascinating. Love it!

It was right on with everything for Carson except for the carb factor. He's at 1:20 and it suggested around 1:8 which is a crazy amount of insulin....

I plugged my numbers in and it was very interesting to see what my starting rates might be if I start pumping. I've been thinking about that a bit lately. It had my carb and ISF factors pretty right on though.

11. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

12. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Emma, you sound very similar to my daughter. Those numbers don't work for her either. One unit lowers her 90 points but the numbers change depending on how many units per day you use. When I put in 30 units per day for her, it said 69, when I put in 35 per day it said 59. Either of those numbers would have her hypo for sure. Her ratios for meals vary greatly by time of day also, with mornings needing twice as much insulin with no dawn phenomenon.