- advertisement -

Pump number five

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by pianoplayer4, Apr 30, 2013.

1. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I was really hoping that pump #4 would last a little longer=( but I had to talk to animas today due to the button pad peeling up (this is after I had it replaced a year ago for the same thing and they claimed to have fixed the problem.)

I'm getting a little frustrated with animas...my ipod has lasted my longer than all my insulin pumps=(

2. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

DD is on Medtronic pump number 4 or 5 (can't keep track) in 5 years. Luckily for us they replace them very quickly. Good for you with the Ipod. DD's have not made it through the laundry, jumping into lakes, being dropped too many times, etc.:eek:

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Wow, Emma's been on the pump she has for about 3 years, and the one before that, almost 3 years as well and we've never had problems like that. We did return one because we were having weird bolus / basal problems and we both thought best to replace it.

4. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

We started pump #6 (in just over 3 yrs) about a month ago. I think we've dealt with just about every defect a pump can have. Very frustrating!