- advertisement -

Pump cost comparison over time?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by *Shannon, May 19, 2013.

1. *Shannon

*Shannon Approved members

Does anyone know if there is a site that shows cost breakdown/comparison over time between pumps, specifically the OmniPod and the t-slim?

Thank you!

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Wouldnt it depend on what kind of insurance you have?

3. heamwdevine

heamwdevine Approved members

For us, Medtronic was fully covered. Omnipod isn't contracted with any Medicare/Medicaid insurances so if you have that it wouldn't coveredl.

Anna has Aetna-Primary
    Keystone MErcy as a secondary.

With our Aetna, the Omnipod was $120 for first shipment and then it would be $60/every three months.

4. Jason's mom

Jason's mom Approved members

We were told that by going through a medical equipment company (as opposed to Omnipod directly) that the Omnipod would be 100% covered by a combination of our primary group insurance and secondary Medicaid coverage. The local Omnipod rep was able to point me to a company who is contracted with both my group carrier and Medicaid.

5. manda81

manda81 Approved members

You might be able to find something like that for cash price, but insurance varies so much, I'm not sure how they would do it.

We have Aetna. Omnipod is covered for us at 100%, no deductible or copay. We don't have a secondary... which is different from the people posting just above me...

If you have the reps contact your insurance company, they'll be able to get a better idea for you.