advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pump comparison thread

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Daxdog, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

You guys can post your experiences/opinions/etc if you want...

This is my experience with pumping:
    I got the OmniPod in August. I had a lot of problems, but I really liked it. I figured the problems just came with the prospect of pumping. I thought the pod a little too large, it did not vibrate, so it screeched during school, there was no IOB, and once I even lost my PDM. I accepted the fact that it was not perfect. 8 weeks in, I got really frustrated with the pod, and my mom convinced me to try an Animas pump. I have been on it ever since. I found it to be a lot better for me than the pod ever was.

Why should you care? Because everyone considering a pump should try atleast 2, because you never know which one you will like most.

2. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

I have been updating the list recently, so if you would like to add anything, just post it and I will add it.

Also, I am looking for people with the Disetronic, or those who are less common around here so I can add information about them.

3. DiabeticDreamer

DiabeticDreamer New Member

I LOVE this! Thanks a lot! However (I don't want to sound rude...), you might want to add to the cons of MM that the customer service is pretty bad, and there are a LOT of "no deliveries".

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

You can't really go by one person's experience with a company...it all depends on who you talk to, really. For example, I've been with MM for 2 years, and have NEVER had a problem with their customer service. The no delivery most of the time depends on you and the type of set that you use.

5. Tate

Tate New Member

minimed is pretty slow

my mm is pretty slow i get a unit every 30 sec if even that

6. x1rebelx

x1rebelx Approved members

Haha I know, I ordered the pink pump after I upgraded xD. Funny thing is, I'm a guy, but I like pink, it looked pretty cool!

Now if only they could make their preformance of the item as good as the looks of it

7. Leah

Leah Approved members

Great list! I'm soooooooooo glad someone finally posted this. It was a great help. Just suggesting that you might want to add that the omnipod is waterproof and at the beginning you can prime the bubbles out so there is usually not a problem with that. :D

8. someone

someone Approved members

All 3 of the top pumps are waterproof. With Omnipod, this means the pod not the PDM.

Minimed no longer advertises their pump as waterproof for legal reasons I assume, but it IS the same pump that was marketed as waterproof a few years ago. They WILL completely replace you pump if there are any cracks or water damage on the inside. Animas will do the same.

Delivery speed with the Minimed is slightly annoying to me. Especially when I have to wait to disconnect my pump because the bolus that I started 5 minutes ago is still in progress. I prefered the 1 unit/3 seconds on the Animas and it never caused any pain or irritation for me.

Minimed's customer service is ok, Animas is better. For instance, when I was first trying to buy a continuous monitor, I left several messages after hours but never received a call back. On another note, I needed to exchange my sets a few weeks ago but was put on hold for 30 minutes. I never had any such issues with Animas. Their customer service was always very prompt. That said, I rarely ever call customer service (which is a good thing) so it isn't that much of an issue.

9. someone

someone Approved members

I would have gotten pink, but the last thing I want is for my pump to stick out when I'm always trying to hide it. I get enough attention from my pink phone skin anyway. :D

10. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

sorry for the thread on this, I have not been on this website because of rudeness for along time. It was silly of me to come to a forum that is supposed to be helpfull. The rude remarks are not neccessary. I am trying to find all info for my daughter that will help her. Thanks for the info. Shame i cant go on here without regretting it.

11. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

You do realize that this post was made by a twelve year old almost three years ago (written to teens on the teen forum) and was not a personal attack on your intelligence?

12. emm142

emm142 Approved members

That, and.. it wasn't actually rude?

13. theMask

theMask Approved members

I tried the omnipod not a real one but a fake 1 to see if I liked it and stuff, it was too big for my tastes, I kinda like my clothes tofit :p and it was a big bump sticking out ><!

I hope the jewle pump comes out tho. (FDA hasnt accepted or something?) I wil be so excitted for that.

EDIT: Maybe what shirley meaned was she posted something similer w/o seeing this post? :confused:

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  14. mysweetwill

mysweetwill Approved members

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  15. ciarak

ciarak Approved members

I just started pumping with a medtronic veo :)
    I realy like it but the saline trial is quite annoying :p

16. ZekeWelch

ZekeWelch New Member

T-Slim

Does anyone have the T-Slim pump? If so what are your thoughts on it?