advertisement

PUMP companies (if you are listening): MY Perfect pump would include...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Jun 14, 2013.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

have the option to be a standard tubed pump along with a tubless option that is controlled with the same pump. (the pump be like a Omnipod PDM)

ability to quick bolus from the tubless option

ability for the tubless option to be removed so that you can go in a hottub or to add more insulin to pump. ( like the SOLO pump)

touchscreen

intergrated CGM receiver

intergrated meter

ability to link to other standalone meters

ability to upload data in realtime without a cell phone plan

ablity to set bolus sugesstion preferences:
    bg IOB
    meal IOB
    reverse correction to target BG

Ability to choose how IOB is calculated:
    linear
    curvilinear (sp)
    custom to particular insulin being used

ability to setup custom bolus/basal situations:
    Party 100 - calculate bolus for 100 carbs 30% now and 70% over 2hours
    Cotton candy - calculate 30 carbs STAT and super bolus basal for 1/2hr
    breakfast - calculate 40 carbs and super bolus 2 hours basal
    Apples - when I figure that one out
    dance -
    tumbling -

ability to not only temp basal but temp everything: increase or decrease all insulin calculations

variety of cases / belts / totes / backpacks / purses / bling (yes I will pay extra for custom fit option)

These are just top of my head wants/needs, feel free to add to the list

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I want a pump that corrects off of CGM readings if I set it to do that. And I want a pump with low suspend. With override capabilities of course.

And as long as we're fantasizing, I want a pump with a scale built in as well as carb factors so I can just put my banana down on the pump, tell it its a banana, and have it bolus for my banana.

From the features of the pumps already out there, it needs to allow me to have I:C ratios where the carbs are not whole numbers (like a breakfast ratio of 1:6.5). It needs to be waterproof.

And it should have prebolus alarms, like if I say I want to prebolus by fifteen minutes, then anytime I bolus for food, it should alarm fifteen minutes later.

It should connect to a bed shaker for alarms. It should also come with a talking option, so I don't have to have a bright light in my eyes in the middle of the night, and so I could recommend it to blind diabetics (I work with blind people and they hear my CGM alarming almost every day and I hate that the CGM is not a real option for them, and also what if I go blind?). The talking has to be optional, so I can also be private if I want to.

Oh and as long as I'm fantasizing, it should spot patterns that suggest that the I:C and ISF are wrong. Like if I tend to be high or low after boluses.

So yeah, pump companies, there's an least one MDIer who is waiting for the perfect pump before he switches. :cool:

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

that would be so COOL!!!

A built in food library that not only has a stated average serving based on visual size AND a carb factor listing to base on actual weight.

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Our Cozmo had those Custom boluses. We could give it any name. For example
    One named Pizzs gave 54 carbs over a 50-50 wave over 2 hours. We used that a lot. ALso, we had one called Breakfast. I was a set 48 carbs at the breakfast ratio. They (I) loved that. Each custom bolus could have its own ratio too.:cwds:

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

While we are adding I want a camera lens like on the iPhone so I can read bar codes and scan in the carbs just like on myfitnesspal. com does

6. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

A constant alarm for when insulin runs out (we have the Medtronic and it doesn't alarm at 0 units). I know some do this, but ours doesn't.

Different alarm tones (like phones). How funny would it be if you set your high bg alarm to be something like "come on get higher".

Calculator

Wider range of loudness (ds won't wake up to alarming pump)

I want a way to bolus my DS without waking him up if he's high. Whether that is a pump's self correcting the high, or tubeless and I can reach the pump from his night stand like Omnipod's pdm, or a remote.

eta: Carol, YES! that would be AWESOME! We use that app.

eta2: GPS so if you lose it, you could find it with a phone app or something. (I know the technology exists I've seen several products like this.)

All the other ones of mine have already been mentioned.

7. Mish

Mish Approved members

I would like a combined pump / CGM that transmitted all the info directly to my smartphone, wherever I am. So I could program a temp basal at home while he was going low at school. Or so that I could send a text to him saying, "GO TEST YOUR BG NOW!"

8. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yes. Once I get that, they can mess around with the artifical pancreas for the next decade for all I care. But to have CGM info beamed to my smartphone? OMG, that would make so many situations 1,000 times easier.

9. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I'd like:

-the temp basal hour beeps to be eliminated and replaced with a LOUD beep that alarms when the temp basal kicks off instead.

-more basal programs. The 7 on the Pod are wonderful, but since their temp basal only works for 12 hours, I'd like one for each 10% increase of our tested profile. Puberty is easier when able to switch basal quickly without reprogramming the pump.

-basal programs that also allow for different carb ratios from other basal programs.

-severely loud alarms for major things like occlusions that would WAKE my daughter as she's getting older. Fine for now, but not in a couple more years. The pod that seems so obnoxiously loud during the day didn't wake her this week.

10. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

The banana thing had me laughing :D

11. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

I forgot about wanting bolus patterns! Our pump has several basal patterns (standard, A, B, etc) but there are no bolus patterns. I would love to have matching bolus patterns (standard, A, B, etc).

Also, YES please remove the obnoxious hourly temp basal. So frustrating at night when I have a temp basal on. I can see how some people might want it, but if you don't, you should be able to turn it off.

12. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I wonder if the pump companies have found this thread yet.:D

13. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

You can turn the temp basal beeps off on the animas. I didn't think DS's pump had this feature until I asked him the other day and he said it does, but it's turned off.

14. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I would like a pedometer built on so when the child is active it would do a predetermined temp basal. This could be an option on the pump .

15. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Hmm, tslim sport announcement reminded me of this post.

16. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members