- advertisement -

Problems with medtronic customer service

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ndiggs, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

Ok, so Olivia's pump went goofy tonight, so far I have been on hold with Medtronic for 38 minutes. Is this normal? We switched to Medtronic in December and during our trial when we had questions and I called customer service I only waited a minute or two.

Wondering what everyone's experience has been

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I've never waited on hold more than a minute or two. Not normal in our experience.

3. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

well 54 minutes later I got to the most unhelpful rep. When I asked if this was normal, I was told to be glad I did not wait an hour and a half as that is the new target time after 6 pm.... Really not happy with Medtronic as a whole right now

Just have not followed through on several things they were going to do and promises they made to us when we switched.

4. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Sorry you are having a bad experience - that is unusual for us as well. Have always received help very quickly and if it was a pump issue - twice we had had it overnighted for the next day.

I would definitely get the name of who you talked to or call back the next day to talk with someone.

5. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

I plan on it, I have his name and extension, and I am going to try and follow up with our local rep tomorrow and see what is up.

When we did our trial, we called 3 times with questions (once a week basically) mostly what did this beep/alarm mean and how do I get it to stop type stuff. Never waited more than 5 minutes even in the middle of the night, which is why this just seemed so odd to me.

Not sure what way we want to go, we miss some of the features of the ping (mostly the remote) but we really like the 523g features and the enlite sensors when we trialed them. But also miss the range of the dexcom, but like the low glucose suspend....

Maybe a night of sleep will let me see things more clearly

6. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

If this is their new target, then a whole bunch of us will be buying new brands of pumps next time around.

The night of our last pump-failure I was on hold for at least 30 minutes. Each and every helpline call seems to take 30 minutes minimum. We had 4 no delivery alerts within 2 weeks after 1 in 1.5 years. 30 minutes minimum each. I wish I were being paid for MY time on the phone. Everytime it happens, I remember being told at diagnosis that we would get diabetes down to minutes per day. Ha! Not with un-helplines like Medtronic's. I resent being blamed by Medtronic help-people for problems. It was awful when using their CGM, and just as bad with these. Hmm...suddenly 4 no delivery alarms in 2 weeks after 1 in 1.5 years are caused by the person doing the insertion?!?!? Yah, right. I don't intend to stay on hold for their memorized speech and blame game in the middle of the night, either. There's precious little enough sleep with diabetes as it is.

I am amazed at the times I've contacted Dexcom with questions about their CGM at how pleasant and helpful they are. Night and day experiences thus far. I hope it continues. (We did have a really bad experience with Dexcom the first time we were deciding between CGMs, though.)

7. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

I don't know how many times we've called, but we've never had a bad experience, and always quick service. When my DS's pump got a weird error one day, we had very quick, very helpful service, and they shipped us a new pump on a holiday weekend. We've always had very little wait time on the phone, and always nice, helpful people on the phone. Even when I was going through the drama of finding somewhere our insurance would let us get supplies from. When the outpost for the MySentry was not working, I never had to wait on hold very long (I don't remember how long, but it did not seem out of the ordinary as far as help lines go), they asked me to try a few things, and call back in a few days if it was still giving issues. I did, and they never blamed me, and sent me a new outpost immediately.
    Sorry for the bad experience!

8. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with Medtronic tonight:(

I have only had to call costumer service one time, last year in January. It was about 10:30-11pm at night. My pump malfunctioned (said I had met my 'max bolus' amount...which totally freaked me out...as there just was no way, and then it made an error alarm, and rebooted). Anyway, I called and got a person right away. She told me what my pump did (rebooting, and the error code) meant it self corrected its mistake, and that the pump was OK to use.

She was very helpful, and genuine. While she told me the pump WAS safe (we went through all the functions etc), I told her I didn't feel comfortable with the pump(just that it 'thought' it had maxed my bolus amount). She totally understood, and said she would send me a new one.

9. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

well to update this morning, they were going to overnight us a new pump, apparently overnight is 3 day as the email I just got says the 14th for delivery.... still on hold (30 min so far) trying to get an answer

10. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Have you tried calling your local rep. They have pumps they use for demos and might be able to lend you one until you get yours.

DD's pump malfunctions have always been very late at night, on a weekend and we have always received excellent prompt, caring service.

11. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

We haven't had to call MM tech support often, but it seems like we did call after-hours once and the wait time was significant.

12. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

I have left several messages for our rep this morning and have not gotten a call back yet. Here's hopeing that things go smoother later today

13. chrissy92972

chrissy92972 Approved members

I will send a pm with the information of the person from Medtronic who found me on here when I was having problems with the MYSentry Reimbursement. Maybe he can help you with your pump issues and the hold time.

Chrissy
    Ryan diagnosed MAy 2008 Revel, Cgm, and MySentry

14. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

Talked to our rep this morning, he was in meetings all day and did not get a chance to get back to me. Replacement pump has arrived and we are getting everything set.

When I told our rep about the hold times ect, he was livid and is going to be checking today what the hold up was and getting back to me this afternoon.

15. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I've never had a problem wirh Medtronic USA, now Medtronic Canada is another story all together! Not even the reps like most of those women, there is a nice young man there thankfully!

16. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

I waiting on hold the other night for 20 minutes to talk to someone after getting 2 no delivery errors when trying to change out my son's site which the pump was winding up to the resevior. and also at the same time had issues with the pump and sentory showing different amount of insulin in the resevior - neither of which were close to the amount that was actually in there -
    Talk to the rep for a little bit about the error messages and then was placed on hold for another 30-35 minutes while he checked with someone on the other issue - rep never did get back on the line and offer to call me back - all while I have my son disconnected now from him pump for over an hour bc of the site change and he wanting me to do things with the pump and it is time for my son to go to bed too....finally after another 10 minutes of nothing I hung up. THinking maybe someone would call me back when they realized I hung up and they had an answer for me. Yep still no call from anyone.
    My phone when I hung up showed over an hour on the call and most of that was on HOLD!!

17. chrissy92972

chrissy92972 Approved members

If anyone would like the name, email, and/or phone number of the senior customer advocate for minimed please pm me and I will be glad to share the information. As he told me it is his job to keep all of us happy and not having to deal with additional stress.

Chrissy
    Ryan Diagnosed May 2008 Revel, CGM, and MySentry

18. Logansmom

Logansmom Approved members

That's what happened to us when we were having problems before we switched to Animas. I called multiple times within a two week period to try to get someone who knew what they were doing to troubleshoot, each time I had to wait a significant amount of time and the rep was less than helpful.