advertisement

Pretty Decent East Coast Storm Being Forecast

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by sszyszkiewicz, Jan 25, 2015.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

So if you live in DE, NJ, PA, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME....

if you need to get to the pharmacy for anything, today (Sunday) and the first half of Monday is the time to do it.

This is a classic n'oreaster. Nothing we haven't dealt with before, but we dont see storms of this intensity every winter. Those close to the ocean, expect heavy winds (so potential power issues). Other than that, get ready for some winter fun!

As Joe Bastardi used to say, "enjoy the weather, It's the only weather you've got!!!"

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Get bread! Get milk! Armageddon is coming!

Be safe out there.

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

You forgot EGGS! Apparently french toast is required for all emergencies...:eek:

4. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I'm in Texas so doesn't apply to me, but I did see a reminder on facebook for all Tslim users to fully power up today, thought that was good advice. I'd invest in one of those small portable usb chargers and fully load that up too.

5. Mimikins

Mimikins Approved members

I think they originally said that my area could get up to a foot in snow -and we barely got an inch. :confused:

At least this snow storm is making me think about what I need to do to prepare for an emergency. Some time in the next few weeks, I should make an emergency diabetes "grab and go" container (enough food, water, and supplies to last five days in the event I'm told to evacuate) and update the emergency supplies in the family car.

To those up north who are still experiencing the storm, stay safe and stay warm!

6. Beach bum

We are in So. NH and have about 16 inches right now and it's still coming down. Luckily it is light and fluffy and the wind is blowing it this way and that. At times our front walk is bare, other times there's several inches! I understand down on Cape Cod where we have a condo our little town is getting pounded and power and phones are out so I can't even call and check on our neighbors :(

7. Beach bum

Yes! My aunt is making french toast for lunch!?

Pigs in a blanket here, so it was imperative we have mini hot dogs and dough in a can!

8. sszyszkiewicz

In NJ, PA and DE the forecast was a complete bust. NY (Long Island),CT, MA, ME...the forecast was pretty good. When I say "complete bust", it doesnt get much worse. For where i live they were thinking 15-20 inches and we have 2! So what is a factor of 10 among friends. The weather service guys actually issued an apology (as they were being dragged to the gallows).

9. Beach bum

26 inches in our town. Just watched the town deposit about 4 feet of snow at the end of our driveway :( LOL, but at least the mail lady can get to the box!

10. Beach bum

I laugh because 3 weeks later, we are still getting on average a storm a week.

Mother Nature is not very popular around here...

11. sszyszkiewicz

This next one, for Saturday into Sunday looks really impressive in terms of how much wind it will generate, and then afterwards the east will see the coldest air of the season. But yeah, if you live in MA or NH or ME.....this is getting old fast.

12. Mish

Mish Approved members

it's snow. There's a lot of it, but it's really not stopping anything other than when it actually snows, and due the huge amounts, everything shuts down for the day, but then we're back up in action the next day. Well, Boston is having trouble with the MBTA. there just isn't much we can do about it, except shovel and go on with life.

13. Beach bum

We only got about 10 inches, but the wind is wrecking havoc. No school today because power lines are down and buses can't pass.
    More on the way tomorrow. I said we should start a pool to see who can guess when the snow bank in front of our Market Basket will be melted by ;)

Ah, the joy of living in the North East. Be careful it's wicked windy out there :)