- advertisement -

Prayers please...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by januaryblue, Oct 13, 2010.

1. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

SG is scheduled for her hernia repair surgery tomorrow AM. They originally had it planned for 8:30 but moved her surgery to 7:30 because they said since she was T1 that they wanted her in first thing. Her endo is having us give her a half dose of Lantus tonight and check her BG at 2am, and the surgical team told us to give her a little apple juice then as well since she won't be able to eat or drink anything 2 hours before the surgery.

She's nervous about the whole thing and we are too. The other day she wrote on her dry erase board, "I hate Thursday! Not Cool!" Kind of funny and cute, but I'm sad she has to go through yet another thing. But she is brave and strong and each of these trials is making her stronger still. I just wish she didn't have to be.

Thanks so much.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

One suggestion I would make is when you speak with the anesthesiologists, ask them to give her some anti-nausea meds as they are finishing up.

My non-D had some surgery in august, and they did this and he felt fine afterwards. No vomitting, no nausea, nothing.

Especially with D in the mix, you don't need vomitting afterwards.

Hang in there, it will be over soon.

3. PrimAdonna

PrimAdonna Approved members

Bless your heart! We will certainly be praying for you all :)

4. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

Sending prayers and good thoughts for you and your daughter. Let us know how everything is when you get a chance.

5. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

praying everything goes well.

6. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

Praying for you all....

7. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

I will pray for you all too.

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hoping all goes well!:cwds:

9. 4monkeez

4monkeez Approved members

sending prayers...we will be thinking of you!

10. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

Thanks everyone. Everything went well. Her sugars were great the entire time. When she came out of the operating room she was 159. They had her in the recovery for a little while and then they sent us home. She was in pain at home, took a little tylenol and a nap too and now is sitting on the couch watching TV.

I'm glad it's over and so is she. The first thing she said when she woke up in the recovery room was a groggy, "Yaay!" :)

11. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

That is wonderful news. You will be very relieved. I hope she has a very speedy recovery and isn't too uncomfortable. What a brave and cute little girl!

12. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I'm so glad it went well.:)