- advertisement -

Pouch rec for a slim 6 year old needed

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Adinsmom, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

DS keeps misplacing his Dexcom. I ordered him a Spibelt but he doesn't like it. To assure it fits, I have to wrap it around him twice and then it is uncomfortable. If I make it as small as possible it is still too big. The belt clip isn't working too well either.

So I am on the search for another pouch. I think a minky type belt with a see through front might work best. Where should I look?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I like the pump packs at pump*tastic.com ... she has ones with windoes too so you don't have to take the cgms to see it. My daughter has had one for over a year, its holding to gether nicely. She has the one that looks like a spibelt, but the material is different...its by far her favorite pouch.

3. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Did you get the kids' sized SPIbelt? It measures from 14"-23", and my skinny 3 year old has it set to about midway along the belt.

I ask because, even if you did order a kids' belt, you may have ended up with an adult one. I ordered another recently, and they sent me adult-sized belts labeled as kid-sized 3 times in a row! We finally got the issue resolved, but I thought I was going crazy for a while with kid belts that were enormous on him.

I know everyone has their own preference, but my son actually cries when we take the SPIbelt off of him to clean it (hence the second belt that we just got!).

4. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

The belts from diabete-ezy.com are great for everyone and there are 4 places all around the waist for pump and cgm.

5. MamaTuTu

MamaTuTu Approved members

I make pump pouches and have a shop on etsy they are called darlin d pump pouch but I don't sew clear plastic windows but another store on etsy named too sweet boutique does before I sewed them I ordered one from her and it is so nice if your wanting one with a clear window I would order from her!

6. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

check out a tummitote

Search for a tummitote.

My 4 year old is so skinny - even the smallest belts fall off of him. The tummitote fits under the shirt and does have a clear velcro pocket and several other velcro pockets - since it goes under the shirt, it isn't as visible as a pouch either.

We really like ours - especially for soccer. The lady was fantastic and even personalized his belt with Boston red sox patches. She will personalize for you if you want it. Great customer service.

7. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

We love tallygear and especially too sweet boutique.