advertisement

Possible t1 in 15 month old

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NewAdventures, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewAdventures

NewAdventures New Member

Hello,
    My son is 15 months old and after seeing his pediatrician we are being referred to another doctor for possible very early diagnosis of type 1.
    A few weeks ago we noticed he was drinking a few cups of water more than normal. A friend mentioned it as well and suggested we test his blood sugar. It was two afters after drinking his bottle and a light dinner and his number was 130.
    She loaned me her tester and said to test in the morning before he eats. So right before he woke up I tested and it was 126. However, after he woke up and ran around the house for 30 minutes (but still before eating breakfast) I tested again and it was only 89.
    At the first pediatrics apt no sugar in urine and bg was 110. Second check up apt the next day in the evening his bg was 122. (Both after not eating for several hours)
    Those numbers seem great to me so I’m confused as to why we need to keep testing him. I’ve been told that he would need numbers well over 200 and that if he had t1 we would be VERY sick. I’m hoping everyone’s experience here can shed some insight.
    Thank you so much for taking the time. I just hate to keep going to doctor appointments when I think his numbers are great. Especially since his morning fasting number is only high BEFORE he wakes up not after.

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

These numbers are not diagnostic of type 1 diabetes.

Only your doctor can diagnose diabetes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.