- advertisement -

Possible Pump switch...can Blake see some pictures pretty please?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by timnshann, Oct 16, 2010.

1. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

We have been pumping with the Omnipod for 2 years now. It went well for a year and a half but now we are having lots of occlusion and pod failure issues. As much as Blake is reluctant to change because he LOVES the tubeless feature we are considering making the change to either an MM or Ping.

BIG FAVOR:
    Can anyone post pictures of the pump being worn with the TUBE visible please. He would like to see the size of the tube to get an idea of what is looks like on as this is his biggest worry.

2. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

I will tell you the tubing is pretty small in diameter. The little red coffee stirs and tubing are about the same size in diameter. Lengths will depend upon what you like.

I dont have any pictures available..maybe someone else might.

3. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Took me forever but here are a couple :)
    He has the site on his leg right now. First pic should be that and second should be pump with tubing showing.
    Sorry that pic of the pump is so fuzzy.
    The first pic shows his leg and boxers ;) with his foot bent up beside it so you can get a little perspective. The tubing is VERY small. Length is the big factor. Jackson likes his to be short.

4. Kimby

Kimby Approved members

Andrew is nine, would far rather put his pump in his pocket than a pouch, and could care less if someone sees the tubing. Still, I couldn't find a single picture with it showing! So I asked him to tuck his shirt in a minute ago, specifically so the tubing would show. He did & it is showing if you look for it. The tubing comes out the shorts & down into his pocket on the side facing the camera.

Prior to tucking in his shirt, it didn't show at all.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  5. Mom2Boys

Mom2Boys Approved members

Luke has the MM523 and is using a Silouhette infusion set. We usually have his pump to the back so there isn't so much slack tubing, but I moved his pump to the front so you could see the tubing a little better. He's also only 4 so it may look bigger with him since he's still little.

6. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

in my signature there is an album of CWD and their pumps

7. m3l3al

m3l3al Approved members

Here are a few minimed revel with quick sets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Here's the tubing from an arm site (MM Quickset) in my signature photo.
    Oops, photo is a bit small.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  9. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Heres an old photo of mine I dug up. As you can see I usually wear my pump clipped on the inside of my pants or pocket. I tuck that tubing in. You can't see the pump or tubing at all once my shirt is over. It doesn't bother me at all.

[​IMG]