- advertisement -

Pod people...how many of your pods make it 3 days?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bnmom, Aug 13, 2011.

1. alismom

alismom Approved members

We get three days out of a pod at least 95% of the time.

2. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I agree with Melissa. We were having trouble with pinching up and then switched to pressing on the nose too and it seems to work well. I've heard a lot of different techniques, which I know is frustrating. It is a little trial and error.

We had pods fall off adhesive until I learned to put double faced tape under the pod where it attaches to white patch. Works great.

Our only other issue has been entire pod and adhesive patch coming off while swimming during very hot and humid weather -- now we switched to mastisol on skin and opsite flexifix tape over pod and that fixed that problem.

There is a learning curve with the pod, that's for sure, but if your child loves the pod it is so worth it to work thru the glitches. I hope you find what works for you!

3. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

We've been pumping over a year and the vast majority (probably 90% or more) of our pods last 3+ days. We have had some runs of bad luck, bad pods, bad site, pod coming off.

4. swellman

swellman Approved members

99.5% of our pods are on 3+ days. The rest are taken off because I suspect site issues. None have ever lost contact with the adhesive that I can remember.

For those with them losing the "weld" I would suggest grabbing the next one at change time and giving it a yank or two and see for yourself just how much effort it takes to pull it off.

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

We get a full 3 days out of ours, however my son wraps his pod with vetrap whenever he goes outside to play. He wears it on his leg so it's easy to wrap. He used to use his belly and went back to MDI because they kept falling off. :( I hope you are able to find a spot that works for you!! :cwds: