- advertisement -

please look at!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kids' started by gymnast:), Feb 22, 2011.

1. gymnast:)

gymnast:) New Member

hey every body the first thing is i changed my user name from ncstategirl8 to gymnast:) i was 8 when i made that i am now thirteen so hello and is any one in 7th grade and have a pump i have one but it gets really anoying and my mom wants to change me over to a omnipod i have a mini med now but if any one has a omnipod tell me how you like it cause i want one but i scared i will loose it and when i tested it it beeped and my teacer thought it was a phon:D

2. krystalkat

krystalkat Approved members

Hello! I'm 13 too, and in 7th grade. I have the OmniPod and it is currently sitting in a drawer in my closet. My numbers were running high and we couldn't figure out why, so I switched to my old Cozmo pump for a while. I do like to OmniPod though! The fact that it is tubeless is a huge plus with me, because I dislike tubing. I have a habit of getting it caught on stuff. :( People keep asking me if I have an iPhone when they see the OmniPod reciever. It makes me laugh. :D I haven't had my reciever go off in class before...just everywhere else! (Movies, friend's houses, youth group, etc.) Do you like your Minimed? I've tried their sites befor and they all kinked! Not fun. :(

3. josmom

josmom Approved members

hey! im 13 and in seventh grade too! i use the mini med. and the sensor:( my friend has the omni pod but i refuse 2 try it because of how it puts the needle in. one time in class my pump went off( the one time its not on vibrate) and the sub started freaking out and screaming @ me! another time my bg was REALLY low and the teacher wouldnt let me go to the nurse so i just got up and left the classroom. he was a sub, 2. arent pumps just fabulous? lol

4. kinder23

kinder23 Approved members

Hi! im in the 7th grade im almost 13 just 5 more months! I dont have the omnipod put i have the mini med paradigm. I like it just fine but i recently just broke my old clip and now i have to use the other one its really big and annoying cuz it keeps falling off:mad:! i cant wait until we order a new one!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  5. NHL-go-pens

NHL-go-pens Approved members

Hi!!! I'm 13 too! Currently, I am on the 722 mini med pump. I want to CGM but, the insurance denied it! :( But, enough grown-up talk! Haha! I have had diabetes for 4 years and pump for 3. I kinda like having diabetes?? Do you?:confused:

6. kpoehls

kpoehls Approved members

Hi I don't have an omnipod but my friend had 1 before he went over to the 1 touch ping and he said it wasn't that good he said he lost it once.:cool:

7. ncstategirl8

ncstategirl8 Approved members

haha i hate having d***** girl your insaine the only reason i like having d***** is because i get to go to friends for life in florida every year and see my best friend amber!!

8. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

i hate subs, not for this reason, but ive never had diabetes problems wile ther was a sub. but subs never know the rules the teacher ther subbing for has and the conditions of ther students (wich they shouldnt know, but they should be mindful).

9. Selah's Mom

Selah's Mom New Member

new to diabetes

hey guys its selahhere. do any of you guys have any advice i could really need it my life was difficult enough starting middle school but now having diabetes to me nothing is easy now :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  10. Selah's Mom

Selah's Mom New Member

ive only had diabetes for 1 week its horrible help me please:confused:

11. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

If you've only had diabetes for one week, don't worry- you will figure things out as you go!

Some advice:

For me one of the hard things to get used to was shots. So I made a chart with 225 squares and filled one in for each shot I took (whether somebody else injected me or I did) and at the end I gave myself a prize (a hat). That way there was a reason to want a shot. I guess it sounds silly but it helped. And after 225 shots I was a lot more used to it. 225 is just a number I picked, it could be anything.

Try to notice something about diabetes or learn something every day. Then write it down so you remember. Like what a low blood sugar felt like. Like what your blood sugar did after you go in a fight. Or anything that seems important to you.

Don't let anybody make you be embarrassed about having diabetes. Some famous people with type 1 diabetes were: Jackie Robinson, the first black player in major league baseball (dx when he was thirty seven), Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers (I think he was dx when he was twelve), and Sonia Sotomayor (dx when she was eight), who is on the United States Supreme Court.

It's okay to feel bad sometimes. It's okay to feel angry or sad or scared or just about anything else. Wait it out. Cry. Write a poem, draw a picture. But you can and should expect that you'll feel good a lot of the time.
    When I was newly diagnosed, I was really tired a lot of the time. I'm not sure why. The high blood sugars definitely weren't helping. Eventually it got better.

If you have questions, ask them. If you wish there was a different way to do things, speak up. Maybe there is.

Always carry something to treat a low with- whether it's glucose tabs, candy, pretzels- something.

Try new things.

I hope this is the kind of advice you were looking for!