- advertisement -

Please introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jeff, May 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

I've set up this forum so that people new to CWD can introduce themselves. I'm not new to CWD, but I'll start.

I'm Jeff. I created CWD in 1995 and continue to serve as its president. More details are online at:
    http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/history.htm

My daughter Marissa was diagnosed with type 1 when she was 24 months old. She's now 20 and in her third year of nursing school. I'm very proud of her accomplishments academically and with regard to diabetes care. She's used an insulin pump since she was 11 and has used a continuous sensor for about eight months now.

2. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

I didn't know your dd was in nursing school:eek:. Good for her.
    Its not to late to transfer to computers-just kidding.
    The pay is getting much better, and she'll never have to worry about a job.:D

3. jwk's mom

jwk's mom Approved members

Hi Jeff
    I just wanted to say a big thanks for starting CWD. I have learned so much since I found CWD. Everyone on here is awesome!!

4. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Jeff, I'm sure you hear it all the time, but Thank You.. I am not quite sure where I would be right now had I not found this place... Before I started posting here I had hit a brick wall and was depressed all the time, but since finding this place everything has gotten better. I do still have my days but not like they were.. Again Thanks.

Tell your dd congrats on her accomplishments in life..

5. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Thank you Jeff for creating this amazing site...It has been so helpful to me. You are definately going to heaven someday :)

6. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Jeff thank you for starting this site. I really don't know if I would have survived that first year without it. I have learned so much and feel that if it weren't for you and all the other parents on here I would still be so lost. Thank you, thank you.;)