- advertisement -

Please help, nerve damage question.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Artgirl, May 2, 2017.

1. Artgirl

Artgirl Approved members

My daughter has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes around 19 months ago. Her last AC 1 was 9 which she is not proud of but is working on getting it down.She will turn 18 in two days. Anyhow, she has been experiencing arm and hand trembling on the left side. Is this neropathy already? It is worse when she wakes up and settles then comes back during the day. Seems worse in times of stress. I am worried sick over this. Its not low sugar trembles because its only on one sideand we check levels when this happens and she is fine. Is she too young for this to occur or can it happen with higher sugars even at such a young age. Thanks

2. wilf

wilf Approved members

Hard to say, but it's a timely warning for sure.

Best thing to do is to get that AIC down and see if it helps. :cwds:

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

It sounds like something neurological, but I thought neuropathy presents with either lack of feeling or constant tingling/pain? I would make an appointment with a dr. for a thorough evaluation and not let diabetes be their easy out. In the years I've been reading this board, no one has even asked a question remotely similar to yours and there have been teens with much higher A1Cs than that and for longer periods of time.

Regardless, it's good she cares and is taking action to lower her A1C. Congrats to her on her motivation!