- advertisement -

Please donate to JDRF ride to a cure

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Miike, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Miike

Miike Approved members

Hello, My goal is to raise $4300 for the Juvenile Diabetes Reserch Foundation and ride the 100 mile course in Burlington, Vermont this summer. I have had type 1 diabetes for 43 years and want to raise $43 for each mile I ride and $100 FOReach year I have lived on insulin. Any contribution will be most appreciated and can be sent securely through this web page they set me up with. http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Ride/JDRFNationalRides?px=1266854&pg=personal&fr_id=1471 I like to chat on the adults type 1 and parents chat here at CWD. Any encouragement, help and support will be most appreciated.
    Thanks !
    Mike

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. Miike

Miike Approved members

Minor injury but still on

I took a spill yesterday but more determined than ever to ride :cwds: Thank you Anonymous! :D

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh shoot Miike! Are you ok? I think its awesome that youre doing the bike ride to Vermont. :)

4. Miike

Miike Approved members

X-rays and T-shirts

:cwds:Just got a call from my doc and (drum roll....) The xrays are negative!!= No broken ribs. Just a bad bruise so pain should lessen quickly and I can go back to work! And more donations on my list! over 5% of my goal now and a few "check will be in the mail" people . This is getting to be fun. :cwds: I am looking to find an artist to help design a graphic for my TShirt with the slogan "BURN CARBOHYDRATES NOT HYDROCARBONS" It should appeal to all cyclists and environmentalist AND the diabetes community and maybe bring attention to the cause. Anyone know an imaginative artist out there?

5. Miike

Miike Approved members

Thank you "anonymous"!

I am on my way! Michael Murzyn JDRF Ride to a Cure website. Thank you everyone so far that have shared this link or made a contribution. Training has begun. I have not hooked up with the New England team yet and looking for riders in the Cape Cod area. The Cape Cod Rail Trail is an awsome bike path for training for this event!

6. Miike

Miike Approved members

Wobbly wheel Schwinn 11.8

Wow not there yet but the contributions are coming in when I ask. No t-shirt yet and may not happen unless I get some help with it.

The town dump has been a successful place to find locals with a checkbook. Picking through the metal pile looking for bike parts lends to the conversation and pitch that succeded in bringing in 3 checks to the JDRF. I have brought in 15% of my goal so far. Less than 3 months to the ride. Also picked up an old 1981 Schwinn that is super light. Flat tires, frozen chain and no pedals but it is alive now and may be the one to ride this July. I bought a spoke wrench and need to align the rear wheel. This bike will fly!

Training on the Cape Cod rail trail has been slower but for good reason-- I have a job!! Rides are on weekends and bike weather is fantastic now. Anyone know anyone riding on the Burlington VT course this July?
    Heres that link again -- http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Ride/JDRFNationalRides?px=1266854&pg=personal&fr_id=1471 :cwds: I am so doing this ride. :cool: Thanks

7. Miike

Miike Approved members

So Close!

Mike's Fundraising Page -- check it out! Thank you all that have contributed so far and there is still 5 weeks left to contribute through my fundraising page.

I can't believe the JDRF Burlington VT Ride to a Cure is a week away! I am close to the fundraising minimum and almost halfway to my goal. I was in VT last week and made a couple 25 mile rides in the Green Mountains. Tomorrow a 32 mi round trip to the beach. I can hardly wait to meet all the other riders next week and do the 104 mile ride together.