- advertisement -

planning ahead-camps

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmc51264, Jul 23, 2013.

1. mmc51264

mmc51264 Approved members

Does anyone have a resource to find camps that let non-D siblings attend? I live in the Raleigh NC area and am willing to travel NC, SC, VA, GA. I was planning on finding a camp that I can volunteer to help and take both boys. I am a registered nurse. And a licensed teacher. Zach got homesick and needed to come home early this year.

2. Charmed7

Charmed7 Approved members

The MA one has something called Wacky Camp week where friends and family without D can attend. Sorry wrong direction but thought I would mention.

3. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Camp Adam Fisher - SC

We haven't attended diabetes camp yet since my son just turned 6. But thinking about sending him next year. Camp Adam Fisher, I am pretty sure, is for children with type 1 and siblings. It is located in South Carolina, but I am not sure of the exact location.

I know our entire pediatric endo team from MUSC children's hospital in Charleston work the camp during the week in June when it is open.

Maybe we can attend next year. Wonder if his sister (non-D) would like to go though - not sure. She is 11

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Clara Barton Camp/Camp Joslin. It starts the 2nd to last Sunday in June, runs until Friday am. LOL, can you tell that's the week my kids go?:p