- advertisement -

Plane Travel???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mommaof7, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Mommaof7

Mommaof7 Approved members

Has anyone done any recent plane travel? We have a long flight ahead of us in a few months and I just want to know what I need to do in order to bring his necessities on board, he'll need insulin and to do his blood glucose at least once on this flight. How does this all work with security??

Thanks!

2. 3js

3js Approved members

we were given a travel letter from the endo. it states that he is required to keep d-supplies ON HIS PERSON. this is a letter they give all new patients at this hosp. upon dx.

we have used it already to drive across the border- made things a lot easier:) i think you are brave to travel with so many kids! i can barely manage my one. good luck:)

3. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1375.shtm

4. Mommaof7

Mommaof7 Approved members

perfect info, thanks!! ya, traveling with what will be 7 kids then, is going to be pretty interesting. I have really great kids, but you should see peoples faces, they are very fearful of a nightmare flight, LOL. So far, all my kids are usually quieter than some families 1 or 2 children, LOL.