- advertisement -

Plan for joy in your life this weekend

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Ellen, May 29, 2009.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

What are you going to do this weekend that will bring joy into your life?

I'm going to see this movie - omgosh - how precious and adorable. I'm 51 and can't wait - also can't wait to see all the kids loving it.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/up/

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  2. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

Deacon's school is having the annual fair, so we will be headed there right at noon. Deacon is so excited about it. He has been counting the days. I am currently burning (baking) cookies for the bake sale tomorrow.

--Sara

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

My computer doesn't want to play your link.

I will be planting flowers and trees at our church. I will also be decorating my Sunday School classroom. I've never been able to do that before. We just moved into our new building last Sunday after 16 years of saving and planning. We have been meeting in various schools all these years. It'll be wonderful to have our own place.

4. Ella's mom

Ella's mom Approved members

Our Saturday will be filled with joy!

Starting out with JDRF family team kick off rally with a free viewing of the movie Up! Picnic lunch at a park with a huge playground. Then claim our spot to watch the Starlight Parade.....an annual event during Portland's Rose Festival!

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Thanks Lynn. The link has been changed.

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Well, weekend started early for us.:) We just got back from picknicking in the forest.:) Took stuff to grill, tomatoes and bread. Grilled. Ate. Took the dogs too and let them swim on the small lake there. Kids enjoyed playing there and there were some boyscouts grilling there too. It was fun. Gorgeous day too.

Here, this is where we were today:

[​IMG]

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Wow Paula - your weekend has already beat the crud out of mine - that looks amazing! I am planting my garden - crossing fingers for no more freezes!

8. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Jayden has a cheerleading/dance recital, and my husband and the boys will be out of town all day Saturday, so she and I will have a mother/daughter day.

I think it's going to be a good day!

9. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

I am going to plant my Forsythia and California Lilac bushes; watch an old movie (Cheaper By The Dozen); read some of my book (Waiting For Morning);and I think my daughter/granddaughter plan on having me attend the free movie in the park this weekend (Hotel for Dogs).

I might even start early and do some of it today.:)

10. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

11. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Tyler has no sports this weekend (due to a bone contusion) so I think I will take the kids to the movies and out to lunch on Saturday, then, Tyler is going to a birthday party all day Sunday, so Lilly and I are going to plant LOTS of flowers.

12. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I'm going to help my baby brother at his new house - and yes that will be fun - and have pizza with my family, and tomorrow Ian has his first gymnastics competition. Not a real competition, just a class one, but still, it will be fun. :)

13. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

DH, Hunter and I are doing a 3.6 mile race tonight. Sunday we are off to see the New Britain Rock Cats - it's JDRF day there, picnic and all. The weather should be nice (finally) and maybe some beach/boat time on Sat and some fresh clams for the boys.

14. Tonysmum

Tonysmum Approved members

Hubby and I are members of a british car club. This weekend our club is having a driveand then lunch with the Mini owners club. We will be driving our Lotus Exige. It is so much fun. We get to meet up with some new people and others we haven't seen in a while.

15. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I will spend most of the weekend starting today, packing and getting things lined up for my trip to CO, I leave very early Monday morning and will not get home till the 10th. That will bring lots of joy to me as I will get to see and spend time with my two youngest grandchildren.

16. CaelinsMommy

CaelinsMommy Approved members

Tonight the kids and I are going to a play date/pampered chef party. Tomorrow DH is riding in the ADA Tour de Cure (yay DH!!!) and afterward we are hosting a picnic for his fellow Marine recruiters and their families. Sunday DH has to go into work for a few hours but it will be a much needed day to relax, unless I decide that we MUST go get all the baby stuff out of storage :rolleyes:

17. Naked Cheese Chasing Guy

Naked Cheese Chasing Guy Approved members

I'm going to chase cheese. while naked. :D

18. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

roflmao!!!:d

19. Lee

Lee Approved members

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Good one. :cool:

This is the last weekend before graduation, so there will be lawn work, painting, scrapbooking, cleaning, organizing and not much sleep.

But there will be wistful reflection on a wonderful young man's life who has grown so quickly into someone who we are damn proud of and love dearly. :eek: