- advertisement -

place your vents here:

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by fredntan2, Nov 27, 2010.

1. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

work was horrible yesterday. am not working next black friday.
    I'm still in bed recuperating.
    don't want to go into specifics.

but I've really started to wonder what supervisors do?

anyone else want to vent?

and had to get nasty with the family that didn't do much of anything when they were left at home on friday. I think my DH is really meant to be a supervisor.

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

All I have to say is, "thank you" for working on such a crazy day.
    I haven't done it since I was a teen, and well, that was ummm, decades ago, and it's changed considerably.

To all people in retail:
    Thank you for working hard during this crazy time of year, for having to go into work on Thanksgiving, the evening of, or at 3am the morning after. Thank you for putting up with rude, manner deficient people.

3. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

So sorry you had such a rough day...

Our shopping was minimal, but I felt awful for a cashier in one store. We chatted briefly as she rang up my purchase. She shared that her daughter was hospitalized. When I asked how her daughter was doing, tears welled up in her eyes... I wished I could've asked more... our own hospital stay is still so fresh, even though it was 6 months ago... but, I paid and there was a customer behind me. I said I'd pray for her daughter. And I did pray. But I would've liked to have given her a hug and an ear in addition to that prayer.

Anyway... hugs to you and hope you feel better tomorrow. (((((())))))

4. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

There is an interesting difference between contributing to these groups and Black Friday.

Contributers to these groups bring out the best in people.

Black Friday mobs, line-breakers, TV grabbers etc bring out the worst in people.

The poor staff at my local Menards were overwhelmed with people asking where certain deals were and were pushing and shoving and basically thinking only of themselves and what they can score. My son told me that a fight broke out at Target because there were not enough game systems to be had. I was in a different isle and did not see it.

Isn't it strange to think that there is a possibility that those who exhibited bad behavior during Black Friday might even frequent this group offering advice and thinking only of the welfare of others (a complete opposite of their mindset 2 evenings ago!!)

5. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

OHH I have a vent....BTW I am so sorry you had such a crappy day! I am so glad that we don't have black friday here..the sales would be nice. I am sure did an amazing job.

Ok now my vent...we just moved into a new place, DH and I have different tastes so most thing I like he hates..so I have been asking for his help picking out curtains..he tells me yesterday, just go and pick them out, I dont care what you get!

I knew that was a loaded statement...but went out and bought some for a great price, that I thought he would like, because of the color, and I loved them...so much that I bought one of the samples so I would have enough.

I brought them home and he laughs at me :mad: and says they look like they should be in a brothel!!! :eek: I could have punched him in the mouth...I still might!!

So just to be a pain, because I am keeping them, I hung them today while he was at work!! He knows I am mad so he hasnt said anything to me about them. DS loves them haha so when Daddy walked in the door, he stomped his foot and demanded to know why he didnt like them! They are Awesome!!! I love that boy :)

6. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Oh I don't work retail, I work in hospital. And I usually work so others can go off and see families far away. (I hate driving this time of year)
    Our supervisor didn't come in until 11ish, and left before 3 probably. no one noticed since we were all running around with our heads cut off.

they just started a remodel job in my dept, and we have had big issues with supplies. and of course our materials management dept was off. they didn't come in to finish restocking our new stock room.

I'm just really wondering what our supervisors do. seems all they do is dress up and walk around looking cute