- advertisement -

Ping combo question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ashtensmom, Nov 20, 2011.

1. ashtensmom

ashtensmom Approved members

I tried the combo bolus on the ping at supper tonight. Gave 60/40 split with the 2nd half extend over 1 hour. Well dd decided to have an apple 1/2 hour after supper while the extended bolus was still going. Silly me, only one week into pumping thought "I can do this and give her a bolus for the apple", so I bolused for 19g. 5 mins later I panicked and thought does the bolus for the apple cancel out the combo bolus!?! I tried to go though the screens in her pump and from what I can see the combo bolus is still active and the additional bolus did not affect or cancel it, but I just need some reassurance from someone experienced here. Can you do extra boluses while a combo is running without stopping the the combo?

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We can on our pump. I think the Ping can... :cwds:

3. cynth873

cynth873 Approved members

Yes, you can do as many boluses as you want without affecting a combo bolus. You can also have a temp basal along with a combo bolus.

4. ashtensmom

Whew. Good to know. For some reason I thought I cancelled it by bolusing again. Thx.

5. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

I'm impressed - good job S. How did the combo work out for you? I should have done one this evening - he had a crazy carb supper - about 140 carbs including sticky toffee pudding!!! I ended up treating the low from too big a bolus FOUR times before he started to come back up - it's now hit us with a vengeance and he's up to 18 and his sensor has just died - grr. I won't be getting a lot of sleep tonight.:(

6. ashtensmom

The combo went well, as did the extra snacking. We checked her at 9:20 (2 hr) and she was 8.8. Which I was happy with. But she shot up again at the 12:00 am check to 15 mmol and has not come down! She was even at over 19 mmol at 9:30 this morning. I changed her site and no ketones either but she is struck on these highs. I think her basals are too low.