- advertisement -

pillsbury gluten free dough

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by kim5798, May 22, 2013.

1. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

Has anyone seen these or tried these items yet? I just saw them online & am going to look at my local stores.

http://www.pillsbury.com/products/gluten-free

Just saw on a blog that one person that called their customer service was told the items will be in stores in june/july. Once shipped out, they will update product locator on the website.

can't wait!

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

I heard about this line recently, but have yet to see them at my local stores. Can't wait to try them though!!:)

3. michtroy

michtroy Approved members

So excited! Would love to see rolls!!!!

4. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

found the gluten free pillsbury pizza dough at my local market today. I bought some and a tub of the gf chocolate chip cookie dough. I will post once I have a chance to try it.

5. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

So the pizza dough worked out pretty good. Tasted good. Just used some spaghetti sauce & cheese we had in the fridge to make a pizza.

The cookie dough...well. Ended up getting eaten completely...but not as cooked cookies:) She enjoyed it, so I guess that is what counts! I will buy it again & actually make cookies with it, lol.

6. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

That's hilarious. What grocery store did you find the pizza dough in?

7. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

I found the dough at Stater Bros. Market. We are in Southern California.

8. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Ooops! I thought Ontario, CA stood for Ontario Canada. It looks like I will have to wait for the products to become available here or for my next trip to the US.

9. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

I need to go to the store for something, will report back if I find the GF dough. We are in the Cincinnati area and Cincinnati is known for being 25 years behind on almost everything. So, I am not optimistic.

10. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

I found Chocolate Chip cookie dough, pie crust, and pizza dough. I will report back after I make the cookies in a few days. I really don't like this kind of cookie dough in general as I prefer to bake from scratch, but we will try them. I have not yet tried to make any GF chocolate chip cookies, have several cookie recipes I make often, such as oatmeal, fudge, peanut butter.

11. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

I am so excited for these to come out my husband has been so feeing bored with food choices since his dx. He is trying to put some of the 35 pds he lost back on and not having much luck. Feeling better but not gaing weight.

12. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

I keep checking and checking, but none of my suburban-Philadelphia grocery stores seem to carry them yet.

13. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

Made a dozen cookies yesterday. One person did not care for them, two said they were acceptable, I also think they are acceptable. I forget what the fifth person thought about them. So, 3 out of 4 give it a thumbs part way up.

Our son, age 19, said the raw dough met with his approval as well. :)

14. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Just curious, which store you found them at. I haven't found these yet in Nashville, but we are coming to Ohio in 2 weeks (Butler Co.) so I want to get some to try.

15. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

We live in Butler County, OH! I found the dough at Meijer. Kroger is the major chain around here, did not look when I was there yesterday. Will check later in the week and post if I see it (assuming I remember to look for it!).

16. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

THanks, I will look for it when we come up

17. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

I found them at Wal-Mart in the middle of the Northwoods of Wisconsin! Not too many things up here until years after they are everywhere else. DD liked the pizza crust. I have a pie crust that we haven't tried yet. Cookies got a thumbs up!

18. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

please post after you try the pie crust! I haven't seen the Pillsbury pie crust locally...but this time of year, I haven't looked too hard:) I have made pie crust from the jules gf flour & it is good...but a lot more work.

Last fall in Reno, NV we bought prepared pie crusts, ready to bake at Haven on Earth GF bakery. YUM. Too bad 8 hour drive away. But nice to know they are there when we go to visit grandma & grandpa. We had extras & ended up making a turkey potpie with thanksgiving leftovers.

19. MapleSyrupMom

MapleSyrupMom Approved members

I was looking at the nutritional information for the doughs on the Pillsbury website and they are actually a Product of Canada, so if they're made here, maybe we will get sooner rather than later!

20. lindseynben

lindseynben New Member

Pillsbury Dough

I tried the pastry and chocolate chip cookies! Both were fantastic!! I almost checked the container to make sure they were gluten free.