- advertisement -

Perle Bioscience Diabetes Clinical Trial Announced 2015 European Trial Set with Goal of Insulin Inde

Discussion in 'Research' started by hopefull340, Dec 18, 2014.

1. hopefull340

hopefull340 Approved members

Official press release can be found on PerleBioscience.com in the media section. They are set to launch a multi phase clinical trial in Humans this spring!!! They are using a very Low dose immunosuppressant . I have done extensive research on this , I know the effects of life long commitment to insulin .Insulin is life sustaining, It is Vital to the survival of my 11 year old daughter. I have also seen the effects of constant highs and lows. I have had many sleepless nights scared that she may have a low in her sleep . I have poured through medical documents and research since her diagnosis . I have faith in this Company its Doctors and research team. Type 1 diabetes is damaging her body this disease is so complex it affects almost every aspect of our daily life. Here is more info on the study being do one across Europe. I am truly excited to see this move forward the future looks bright for many diabetics, thanks to the dedication of These Doctors and scientists.

According to Dr. Claresa Levetan,
    Founder and Chief Medical Officer of Perle Bioscience, “This is Perle Bioscience’s first study utilizing a
    novel platform of combining a beta regeneration therapy with an immune therapy with the endpoint
    of insulin independence among patients with new onset type 1 diabetes who have remaining beta cells.”

http://perlebioscience.com/wp-conte...nicalTrialAnnoucement_Release_Final_12.17.pdf

2. hopefull340

When my daughter Emily was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 2/6/13 .It was the worst day of our lives . I Didn't understand the complexity of this life long Disease that is 24/7 ,from that day forward my heart has been filled with heartache. Every shot, every finger prick I felt it ,not on my fingers or legs where her insulin gets injected 6-8x's a Day.. I felt it in my Chest the pain of seeing someone you love hurting is horrible. I have to hurt her Daily in order for her to survive. I read every medical journal I could ,I researched for hours sometimes days running on little to no sleep. I dedicated my life from that point forward on learning everything I could about Type 1 Diabetes and how to I could "help Fix" my Baby. My daughter saw this and although it literally ,consumed me she didn't complain, instead of looking up recipes, pinning crafts,ext in my free time, my Day was filled with stem cell research, islet transplants, & studies on regenerative medicine. We are almost at the 2 yr mark since her diagnosis.Five months ago she sat next to me while I was on my laptop and It wasn't a scientific journal or paper I was studying... it was something silly on youtube or fb I forget which one. When she realized that I wasn't doing my "homework" She looked up and said "Mom your Not Giving Up on Me Are you?" What was left of my already broken heart shattered even more. I held back my tears and replied "No I would never give up on you". I'm happy things are changing and there are doctors that are not giving up.‪#‎WecanBeatThis‬ ‪#‎staystrong‬ ‪#‎NevergiveUp‬ ‪#‎typenone‬

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

It is also important to remember that your daughter needs to see you functioning "normally", not obsessed with diabetes 24/7 to the point where you are not providing a balanced, healthy example for your child. It is great to learn about the illness, keep up on the latest developments, work hard to keep her bg in range. But it is also just as important to make sure you fit diabetes into your life and not the other way around.

Good luck.

4. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Hey Hopefull340,

First I just love the screen name!

I hear you about the immersion in all things T1D. I did it for months, between the research and the learning about the day to day management of it all, and keeping track of those numbers, well it did, and to a certain extent still does, consume me. I think if that is your passion then follow it. if that helps you deal with this then go with it!!

They will eventually beat this disease. When I get down i close my eyes and imagine taking my son to the Dr, not for a followup and a pep talk, but for treatment to solve it.

5. hopefull340

I agree 100% with you Chris, I always try my best to provide a healthy example for her . She has a great support system full of family and Friends and leads a happy healthy life despite her illness . Thanks for the Reply & sszyszkiewicz Perle Bioscience is starting with new onset for trials with Full intention on moving to treatment for established Type 1 diabetics as well . Its Drs and companies Like Perle Keeping hope alive .

Revolutionary Diabetes Clinical Trial Announced- See link below

http://perlebioscience.com/…/PerleClinicalTrialAnnoucement_…

Participants from the Perle Bioscience European Investigators Meeting in Rome, Italy on December 13/14, 2014.