- advertisement -

Peanut Butter RECALLED

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kel4han, Feb 15, 2007.

1. kel4han

kel4han Approved members

Yikes! Peter Pan Peanut butter with lid codes starting with 211 are being recalled for contamination of Salmonella. CDC reports 300 cases in 39 states. The first thing I thought of was getting that info on CWD! We have a jar from Walmart, you can return for refunds. JIF and other brands are not known to be a risk.

2. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Actually the recall number has been reported to start with 2111. Just in case that third digit might make a difference.

My friend just found 2 jars that her kids had already started eating in her cubboards while I was there today.

3. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I saw that, too. I would imagine it could be fatal if a diabetic child got salmonella...

4. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

There was a case of this at our dr's office just today. My ped called me personally this morning because she knew we use PB as bedtime snack a lot. She said any Peter Pan should be tossed just to be safe. WE didn't have any but my parents did so they tossed it. Thanks for beating me to the punch on posting this!

5. bensgirl

bensgirl Approved members

I actually saw this on cnn earlier this afternoon, and went straight to the kitchen to check, Alexander loves Peter Pan creamy, and we had two of the big containers of it, both with the code starting with 2111!! Alexander ate a peanut butter jelly sandwich yesterday for lunch, thank goodness, he has not had any symptoms of getting sick from it!

6. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Grrrr. Both of our jars are in the recall lot. One of them was 1/2 eaten, the other one was 1/4 eaten. At least we didn't get sick!

7. bogusrogus

bogusrogus Approved members

We use JIF, Haley is on WIC so we only get JIF, we could get PP but I have just always for years bought JIF.

8. wellsfamily

wellsfamily Approved members

We also have 2 jars w/ that number on it. One is 95% gone! Does anyone know where or how to return it? I highly doubt I still have a receipt.

9. Jen Jen

Jen Jen Approved members

Call your local Wal-mart or take it in, they take back pretty much anything. That's where mine went back to, though I think I might have bought one else where, I don't remember, they took it anyway without a receipt(without receipt, you don't get cash back, it's exchange or gift card). If all else fails, toss it out and contact ConAgra, they might send some coupons.

10. bensgirl

bensgirl Approved members

We did not have a receipt, just picked up the peanut butter on our last trip to Walmart. I called late this afternoon, and they said bring it back, so we did. No questions asked. Where ever you purchased it, they should take it back, I would think, without a receipt.

11. Reagan's Mama

Reagan's Mama Approved members

We had some too! YIKES!

12. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

We had 2 jars with the numbers as well. I just bought them tuesday :rolleyes:

13. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

We Have One

YUP we have one to and sean ( age 3 NON_D son) ate a whole PB&J just today befor i saw the recall... UGH.. he has been sleeping all day.. so i really hope he is not getting ill !!!

Conagra will refund to they ask that you send the lid to them... !!!

14. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Yea, us too :mad:. I had salmonella food poisoning when I was 16 and let me just say that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!!! Hope noone here will be affected!!

15. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

We have it too...purchased from Publix

16. Rhonda

Rhonda Approved members

Unfortunately we had 3 jars of the recalled peanut butter me and my diabetic daughter are both very sick we are both waiting to go see the dr. to see if it has anything to do with the peanut butter

17. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

OH NOOOO!!!! Please keep us posted and I hope you both get better soon.

18. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Uuuuuuuugh. Best wishes for a quick recovery!!!!! :(