- advertisement -

Pasta--looking for new ideas

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by coconne3, Jun 16, 2015.

1. coconne3

coconne3 Approved members

Even after all these years (7) I can not figure out pasta..dual wave, square wave.. I've tried many ways but we never can strike the spike! Someone on here had a great idea about baked good... weighing the snack (42g for example) and giving 1/2 weight as carbs (21G)... that has worked. Does anyone have anything they have tried for pasta? She doesn't have pasta a lot but when she does it's just crazy! Any suggestions for me...

2. Sprocket

Sprocket Approved members

If you were on MDI, I would suggest some regular insulin in combination with rapid. We have found things like lasagna, pizza etc. respond much better to a mix of rapid/regular at 50/50 to look after the foods that keep on giving.

3. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We use carb factors and use .25 for pasta with cheese or sauce. If there is a lot of extras, like pieces of chicken or lots of cheese (like lasagna), we'll do more like .2. This means you would weigh the pasta in grams and then multiply it's weight by .25.