advertisement

Parents from Luxembourg?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by mirried, Mar 5, 2013.

1. mirried

mirried New Member

Hello,

I am the mother of a 3.5 year old girl, diagnosed at age 2. We are currently living in Germany, but we are about to move to Luxembourg, hopefully this summer. Are there any parents here from Luxembourg ? I'd love to hear a bit about the approach to treatment (which pumps/CGM?) in Lux, and how it's working out with afternoon activites etc pp.

Thanks a lot!

Mirjam

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

oh you're going to meet the absolute BEST and nicest Diabetes mom ever in the history of diabetes moms; Paula. She's also in Lux.

A smoke signal has been sent (on facebook) to let her know of your post. :)

3. mirried

mirried New Member

Wow, that was a quick answer, thanks a lot! Can't wait to learn more...

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi Mirjam:cwds:

Welcome to our community.

Yes, I live in Luxembourg. I will send you a private message with some info.
    We are dealing with an excellent D team in the Luxembourg City Children's Hospital.

My son has been on the pump since he was diagnosed. Currently using MM522. No CGMS yet, since it's not fully covered by the health ministry yet, and we just can't afford the extra payments for now.

The D team is composed of 3 endos, all very kind and helpful, a nutritionist, nurses and a psychologist. We're very happy with all of them.

There aren't very many regular activities, and I hope that will change. In the past, there have been some family gatherings. The D team also organizes a short D camp every year for all Type 1 D kids, and a sailing camp for older kids. My son has been to the short D camp once, loved it but doesn't want to go back yet.:rolleyes:

As for help in the schools, that's a bit of an individual thing. We have been VERY lucky as, so far, all school personnel has been very cooperative. We receive a letter from the hospital to give to the teacher(s) at the beginning of the school year, whereby the teacher(s) are invited for an info session at the hospital. It's on a voluntary basis, but usually they go.

I will PM you later info on the contact people, ok?

Again, welcome.

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi Mirjam, not sure if you're logging in regularly, but just in case you see this, log in and check your message box. I've sent you the info I promised. Hope it helps.:)