- advertisement -

Parents and Kids in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nataliemca, Jul 31, 2010.

1. nataliemca

nataliemca Approved members

Hello, my name is Natalie and I am a parent of a diabetic child. My daughter was diagnosed when she was 2. Today she is 6 and still has never met another child that has diabetes. She always feels like "the only kid in class" or "different", and people are always doubting her abilities, even though I, as her parent, knows that she is just like any other kid! As she grows older, and other children like her grow up, a supporting friendship with other kids with diabetes would be a great factor in their success in health and in life.

I am currently developing a meet/play group called ?NOLA Kids With Diabetes? where local children with Juvenile Diabetes, along with their families, can be comfortable doing things they love (afternoon at the park, zoo gatherings, painting, etc). I believe that it is important for children with diabetes to connect, be friends and support each other, especially when they are young; knowing that there are others out there just like them. I would even like to include a fun way to teach the kids nutrition, healthy eating, and staying active!

Please contact me if you would like to be notified of upcoming activities in the area or would like to be a part of this process. and be involved in creating a great environment for children, like ours, to be supported and have a great time too!!!

Please friend, fan and/or email ?NOLA KidsWithDiabetes? if you would like to be a part of this group. Also, send me any suggestions you may have! Thank you and hope to see you soon!
    NOLAKidsWithDiabetes@gmail.com