- advertisement -

our week with hypafix

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by frizzyrazzy, Nov 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

AMAZING difference in his skin after a week with hypafix vs opsite. #1 was that he never complained of itching. #2 was when we removed it his arm looks like nothing was ever there.

Our technique was this:
    sensor in (the sensor tape doesn't seem to bother him). Piece of hypafix under the transmitter. Piece of hypafix over the front of the sensor and over the connection of the sensor and transmitter and one piece over everything.

No rash, no redness, no oozing skin. Nothing.

:)

2. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

That's great Michelle. :)

We're trying Hypafix for the first time too. First effort was a failure. The Hypafix is too porous and Jacob's skin still broke out even with Hypafix under his site. His skin did not break out around the site where the Hypafix was holding down the edges.

Now I am trying a J&J Tough Pad under the site, and I cut 2" Hypafix down the center into 1" strips and have them holding the site down on the sides and top and bottom.

It's only been one day, but no complaints so far.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Michelle, Great that is working for you!

4. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Great Michelle !!Glad to hear the good news !!

We have switched to using a paper tape stuff that I found at Walmart...and it is helping ALOT here with his skin. It has to be replaced on day 3...but it deosnt stay wet under it, it doesnt rip his skin off and turn him red, and it isn't itchy to him. I kinda wanted to try a cheaper route before I tried Hepafix...since I just bought a roll of Opsite...that we cant use now.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

We have been trying Hypafix out--and it's been great. Wish I'd tried it sooner.