- advertisement -

Our Children's YouTube video

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by shume24, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Josh's Mom

Josh's Mom Approved members

That was awesome ... Thank you for your hard work ...

2. missnme

missnme Approved members

Wonderful video, thanks for taking the time to do this! :)

3. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

I've watched it several more times since the first viewing and every single time I cry. I think my hubby even teared up a bit when I showed it to him last night.

4. mom to a sports nut

mom to a sports nut Approved members

The stats are scary and we should definately be aware......but don't focus on the negative of the statistics in the video.....focus on the photos of our children living and being children, in a slightly different way than your average joe child, but they are living, and laughing and playing and doing all the things that kids their age are supposed to be doing. That is what I see when I watch the video.

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Lovely.

Now how to we get the world of people outside of our loving "diabetes" circles to see it and "get it"? :D

6. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

That was wonderful. THANK YOU for creating such a powerful video.

7. shume24

shume24 Approved members

Sent it to probably 30 different news stations and all the major talk shows lastnight.

8. M&M's mom

M&M's mom Approved members

Great! Will be awesome if you get some feedback from even one of the stations.

9. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Can I come if we get the chance to meet Oprah or Ellen?

10. shume24

shume24 Approved members

We are all going if that happens

11. meg'smom

meg'smom Approved members

Very well done I cried my eyes out!!

12. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Ooooh, I wanna go :p

13. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Oh my goodness! I did'nt see this posted earlier. I am so glad I got to see it for the first time today(being 1 year today) Such a special treat. So beautiful. Thanks SO MUCH !

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  14. Kris60

Kris60 Approved members

very very emotional, incredible. I had my husband watch it, and he said it was very moving, and wants to send the link to everyone we know.

Thank you so very much for caring and trying to help our cause for fighting this evil monster of a disease we call diabetes

15. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Very lovely... :cwds:

16. Carrie

Carrie Approved members

If I get up the nerve to face my lack-of-computer-skills fear and try to post a picture, can I still get it in?!?

I was crying! I think more because I knew that behind every one of those kiddles' faces are parents that are dealing with the day-to-day struggles of watching a child deal with diabetes. :( I met a lady at a yard sale (of all places!!:rolleyes:) the other day whose son has diabetes. Diagnosed at 12 and he is now 20. I caught my daughter popping some bubble gum in her mouth and had reached down to bolus her on the pump. The lady came over and very kindly asked if she could ask me a question ("Does she have Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes?"). I'm not a huggy kind of gal. I like my personal space! In the midst of the conversation, she said, "I've gotta hug you cause I know what you're going through!" and came at me with arms wide open!!!!! I gotta tell you, I loved it. I loved it cause I knew as a mom, she got it. She knew the thoughts that were swirling through my head...my fears...my concerns. That's why I love this board. Filled with people who I can come to who GET IT! :D

Now we have to watch the video again. :)

17. shume24

shume24 Approved members

please do I am working on the new video as we speak. You can email it to me if that is easier shume24@yahoo.com

18. shume24

shume24 Approved members

one time TTT