- advertisement -

OT: April Fools pranks

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Mar 3, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I know this is early, however, I need some good ideas for April Fools pranks to play on both Mark and Kelton..They get me good every year and this year I want to get them back..

Last year 'someone' put scotch tape on the squirter on the kitchen sink so when I went to turn on the water I got sprayed :eek:

Then they taped the little button down on the home phone so when it rang and I went to answer it, it kept ringing even after I pushed the talk button :eek:

I need lots of safe pranks that I can use on the men in my house, they deserve it:D

2. Caynuns mom

Caynuns mom Approved members

My 2 favorites I've done is loading the toothbrushes with salt and tying a rubberband on my sink faucet so when they turn on the water it sprays them in the face!

3. KeltonsMom

Ohhh..Toothbrushes with salt..This works..:D

4. Boo

Boo Approved members

Okay April Fool's Day is my favorite holiday. I take it very seriously!

Here are a few of my favorites that I've pulled on my husband:

1. Turn off all the hot water in the house when he gets in the shower.

2. Stay up later than him at night. After he falls asleep, change all of the clocks forward an hour (at least the ones that he will see in the morning). Let him get up for work the next day an hour early. ;)

3. As soon as my husband got in the shower one morning, I quickly got out of bed, moved his car from the garage and parked it waaaay down the street (out of sight). Then I hopped back in bed (fully clothed), pulled the blankets up around my neck and faked that I was still sleeping when he got out of the shower.

4. My husband had been traveling a few weeks before April Fool's Day. I had a friend call his voice mail. (It couldn't be me...he'd know my voice). She pretended to be someone from the hotel where he had stayed, and she informed him that they were charging his credit card on file for damages to the room. She gave a short, itemized list (ripped bedspread, broken lampshade, etc.) totaling roughly $300. She left the phone number of the hotel if he had any questions. He actually called it!! But, my mistake was that we used a made up name. He put 2 and 2 together and realized what day it was when they came back and said they had no guest registered under that name.

5. I paged him during a business meeting (before caller ID) and entered the phone number for a local "gentleman's club". Since he didn't recognize the number, he thought it might be important, and excused himself from the meeting to return the call.

6. The kids and I blew up about 30 balloons, tracked down my husband's car during the workday (he is in medical sales), and filled it with balloons.

That's all I can think of right now. The worst part about it is that he NEVER gives me any satisfaction when it comes to my tricks. He never acknowledges them. Every year. It is very frustrating. I still to this day (years later), have no idea how long it took him to find the car. I can't stand it, so after a couple of days, I'll ask him about it. His usual response is, "I don't know what you're talking about, honey"!

I am also very interested in getting some new ideas!! I need to get the kids too!

5. Boo

Boo Approved members

oh yes...last year...

I like to play tennis, and am a stay at home mom. So, I had the tennis club make up a false bill for a bunch of private lessons throughout the month. (I do take them occasionally, but not NEARLY that much!)

The bill was about $900 for a month! I left it out on the kitchen counter. :D

6. KeltonsMom

Beth your so naughty, I love it :D

I have a printer and will have to try some of these..Now who can I have to call his cell phone about damages done to a motel room LOLOLOL

7. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

OMG Beth, these are hysterical ... and even more so given that he doesn't respond.

8. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

OMG Beth :eek: My dh would flip his lid!!!! You must have one calm dh :eek:

9. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

This is a little long, so please bear with me...First my DH is extremely gullible, very sweet and honest..Almost childlike. its very easy to pull the wool over on him...
    My BIL is in extermination (bugs, not people :D) One night just before April fools day, my DH and I were in the living room, and on the screen of the front window I saw a white palmetto bug(very large roach) next to a normal brown palmetto bug. I screamed, yelled at my husband to kill it with any means necessary, which he did without question. as he emptied a whole can of raid on the creature we discovered that the brown bug was just the shell, it was empty...I thought that maybe the white bug had ate the brown one. I went into the kitchen to call my BIL( the exterminator -bugs,not people:D) he told me that what we saw is actually very rare, the white bug was the brown bug who had just molted, and to have seen it was pretty amazing, because its usually done underground. My BIL knowing how gullible my DH is said to go in and tell Joe that the white bug is a rare albino roach and if alive can be worth a lot of money... I told this to my DH who ran to where the bug fell to the floor ,(remember he emptied a whole can of raid on it) he picked it up, had it laying in the palm of his hand and was blowing on it, trying to revive it, say the whole time..it might still be alive!!!

Waite it gets better....... when blowing on it doesn't work, he starts pushing on it with his finger as if to give it chest compressions!!!! by now I have lost it I'm on the floor laughing, tears are streaming down my face, I yell to him that Ill call 911 if he thinks it will help..he looks at me and says...its not a rare albino roach is it? I laughed all the harder..he was great about it and started laughing himself..then got serious and said...is it still worth money??
    Best April fool day of my LIFE

10. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

I am laughing so hard I am crying here.
    THat is great. Glad your hubbie was a good sport about it.
    Allene

11. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

These are all great ideas. Cannot offer any good ideas on my part though. What about the plastic wrap under the toliet seat. Normally better for girls though.( can you tell I grew up with many boys);)
    Allene

12. susan

susan Approved members

I was laughing so hard when I got to the chest compression part I had tears rolling down my face..Thanks I needed that laugh..

13. KeltonsMom

Whoops I got busted reading this thread..I was laughing so hard about the roach that Mark wanted to see what was so funny..

So, now he told me what he did to one of the Chief's in the Navy..He (Mark) took two ketchup packets like the ones you get from McDonalds and fold it in half but do not squeeze it and place each of the packets under the seat of the toilet, make sure the ends that you would normally tear open are facing the middle of the toilet bowl..

Well the Chief went in to the bathroom to do #2 and sat down on the seat and ketchup was splattered all over his butt :D

The Chief never found out who did it and no one was saying a word or they would have been sent to the brig (jail) :D

14. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

I am Lmao!!!!!!!! Those are all really funny!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great belly laughs!!!!:D:D:D:D

15. Deannas mom

My DH found out I told you all about his albino roach...He asked me if that joke will ever get old...I said, honny when im feeling really down I play back my memory of that day and start laughing all over again..its priceless!!!:p

16. Kristen's Mom

Kristen's Mom Approved members

Hi, Barb.

I loved Deanna's youtube video. I can't wait for my daughter to see it. My daughter, Kristen, 10, was just diagnosed on Valentine's Day. We live in Davie. She also made some friends at JDCH.

Debbie

17. Deannas mom

Thank you so much:) My older DD had a lot to do with making that video..Im sorry about your DD Dx Deanna was Dx a year and a half ago. Is your DD going to camp Koral Kids this summer? its a wonderful day camp, also look into camp winona its a 1 week sleep away camp Deanna is going this summer. My MIL lives in Davie Ill pm you my cell # if you want to talk or get together.
    Deanna didnt get to meet anyone at JDCH, she was the only one admitted for Type 1 at that time. she was therea week it wasnt until the last day that another T1 was admitted.

18. Lee

Lee Approved members

This is for all of us geeky people - I changed all of my boyfriends toolbar buttons to smiley faces and turned off the little tip that tells you what they are...silly I know, but it drove him insane!

19. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

I love this thread. I am very unimaginative with coming up with things like this. LOVE the ideas!!

20. Boo

Boo Approved members

Barb...loved the roach story! It gives me an idea. We've been having problems with mice this winter. I need to buy a big, fat, hairy, fake rat and stick it in the trap complete with ketchup smeared around his neck. That'll totally gross out the kids, even if the husband catches on right away!