- advertisement -

Oops

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by s0ccerfreak, Jan 25, 2010.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Yesterday I headed back to college for 2nd semester. My mom asked my about a million times if I had all my stuff and I said yes. She then said I could live without anything until I came home if I forgot something. She asked about my medical stuff I again said yes I had it all. I get back to my dorm, opened my fridge, and realized what I had left at home. Oh shoot, I left ALL of my insulin at home :eek: The pharmacy here was closed and I needed my lantus so headed back home later to get it. Of all the things I could've forgotten, how do I forget all of my insulin? I can't live without that till I go home. I will double check next time.

2. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Oh no!! Glad you at least live close enough that you could just go home to get it! Imagine if you found that empty fridge after a 5 hour flight...:eek: Hope your mom isn't big on the "Didn't I ask you a million times..." :p

3. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

And you are only 19!!! Wait until you get older and forget things by the minute.

I make so many trips from one part of the house to get something - only to forget what it was I went to get once I get there.

Glad you lived close enough to go back.

4. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

Yes, I can walk to the kitchen , 10 feet away and forget why I am in there,:p

5. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Suprisingly mom was pretty good about it. She just couldn't understand how I could forget all of my insulin. My dad was freaking out. I was like it's okay I'll just have to drive back home. If I was farther from I probably would've gone without the lantus for the night since I do have my pump basal I know I wouldn't be in too bad of shape.
    Though you say I'm "only 19", I have to admit I have done that too.

6. Mom2Michael

Mom2Michael Approved members

Just wait until you make a list like mine today that says...
    Sweep porches
    Fold laundry
    Load new program for work
    Clean off desktop
    Pluck eyebrows :p

Seriously, I'm starting to look like Neil Diamond! ;)

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS SEMESTER!

7. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

I'm 42 and I've forgotten my girl's insulin.....and about a 1000 other things! Glad it went OK...good luck!