- advertisement -

OneTouch UltraMini

Discussion in 'Glucose Meters' started by msmalee, Apr 7, 2007.

1. msmalee

msmalee New Member

I am thinking about getting a new glucose meter and I'm thinking about the OneTouch UltraMini. Any opinions about this meter? I want something small and easy to use. I'm not interested in graphs or anything like that...the 50 memory on this meter is just fine for my needs. One thing I would like to know is how small the carrying case is. I've found that a lot of times you may have a small meter, but the case is very large, even when your supplies do not take up a lot of space. Thanks for any help! :cwds:

2. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

I just looked at one that my son got somewhere.. The meter is smaller, but the case doesnt seem to be much smaller than the other meter cases. Maybe its a bit narrower...
    Stacey:cwds:

3. Jen Jen

Jen Jen Approved members

I took my Mini out of it's case and got a little pouch I found somewhere that was smaller and clips to my purse. The case size is about average I'd say, but I like the mini cause it's not as obvious to use at work or where ever like my UltraSmart or Ultra2. The Freestyle Flash is a small machine, but it's never been an acurate machine for me, so I stick with my Ultras.

4. msmalee

msmalee New Member

Thanks!

Thank you both for the reply. I think I'm going to get one this week. I have the meter that "reads" to my pump, but I have found it to be very inaccurate. Just last night I checked my blood sugar within two minutes using the same finger. My first reading was more than 70 higher than my second reading. After reading about other people of the forums having the same problem with theirs, I know the meter needs to be replaced!

5. msmalee

msmalee New Member

wow

I went to buy an UltraMini today at my local CVS Pharmacy had the UltraSmart on sale for $29.99! I had already called my dr. for an Rx for the strips, and since both meters use the same ones, I went ahead and got the UltraSmart. I played around with it for a while tonight and I love it.

6. CarrieScott

CarrieScott Approved members

I ordered an ultramini today.

http://www.lifescan.com/products/meters/ultramini/

I was told by One Touch that there was an insert included in this past Sunday's (June 17, 2007) newspaper offering a $20.00 savings. The meter should only be $19.99 plus tax, so ultimately it's FREE!

7. semperwife

semperwife Approved members

you can get a free one touch ultra mini or one touch ultra 2 by going to www.onetouchcolors.com and filling out the questionaire. They offer you the one touch ultra mini unless you want to download the software then you answer yes to question "Do you or your doctor use computer software to download your test results from your meter?". Then they will send you a one touch ultra 2.

Takes about 3 weeks to get it but it is free.