- advertisement -

One year ago today, my baby girl was diagnosed..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Carseatmama, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Carseatmama

Carseatmama Approved members

what a crazy tear filled year it has been. My emotions are mixed today, should I be sad or should I be happy that we made it through this year? Perhaps both:cwds: Thank you to all my CWD friends, wouldn't have made it without you. :eek:

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

The first year.........

Go ahead and be sad that your baby has diabetes.

Then be happy that you made it through this first year safely.

Then be angry for a few minutes at all she has to go through with the finger pokes and shots.

Then be grateful that you have the equipment and supplies that are available to keep her healthy.

Maybe throw in a little frustration because the technology we have still has so far to go.

Don't forget to feel overwhelming pride at the brave, strong, sensitive daughter you have.

I think that a cacophony of emotions is appropriate for today.

Big, giant hugs to you and your daughter.

3. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I felt a little bit of everything on my DD's 1st anniversary, too. Congratulations. You and she have done an amazing job. :cwds:

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

first year is very hard.. you go through all the first, birthday, holidays etc.. Be proud that she's happy and healthy.. you're doing an awesome job, she's lucky to have you:)

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

You have done a great job this first year keeping your daughter healthy and happy. This holiday season you will celebrate the gift of life and insulin of course. Congratulations on getting through the first year, it does get easier from here even. Promise.

6. 2boysmom

2boysmom Approved members

My son's one year is coming up next week. I am already thinking about that time because right now is when I started to suspect it was D. My husband and I were just talking last night about whether or not to do something special to commemorate that day. Doesn't seem right to "celebrate".

7. Toni

Toni Banned

Congratulations on doing such a wonderful job to keep your baby safe. I'm sure it is a much harder task than an older child. I hope you do something nice for yourself and your baby to celebrate a job well done. Al;though we have never celebrated. I think it may be a good thing to celebrate not the anniversary of D but having successfully faced the challenges of D.

8. SherryFromCAli

SherryFromCAli Approved members

It's just one of those anniversaries no one wants to have. On Justin's 1yr anniversary, my emotions were all over the place. I was upset because T1 sucks and my baby (yes at nearly 13, I still call him my baby) shouldn't have to live like this!! Then, I thought of all that he accomplished in a year - he had 3 sacks in his first football game after diagnosis (only 5 days out of the hospital), then continued with the sacks and made several touchdowns the rest of the season, he had the highest batting average in the entire baseball league in our town and he kept his grades up!! Yes, I am very proud of him!! I could go on and on!!!!:D I will not forget the 1yr anniversary - I cried off and on all day for both the good and the bad things. Let yourself feel what you will - you're a mom and you are entitled to your own emotions!