- advertisement -

one touch ping

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by shirley83006, Oct 15, 2011.

1. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

I took my daughter finally after too long from seeing a doctor. Her A1C was pretty good considering her numbers have been i would say uncontrollable. She is 12 and fighting many things, hormones and anxiety, etc:. The doctor recommended her to use the one touch ping pump Can anyone tell me, especially the girls experiences on using this pump. How big is it,? and if you to wear a dress where do you put the pump? Give me any info you can about this. please, thanks

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Here is a recent link on using pumps:

http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/showthread.php?t=66788

I can't address the difference between girls and boys using a pump -- I would guess it would be where to put the site.

Pumps are quite handy to use to deliver the insulin. Most find the convenience and extra features a pump offers to be indispensable.

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

The nicest thing about the Ping and girls is that with dresses, they just wear it in a pouch underneath and use the meter to bolus. It gives girls so much wardrobe flexibility - stretch pants, no pockets, dresses, etc since they can use the meter to dose.

We love our Ping for Emma

4. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

Thank you for your input. Does this pouch come with it?

5. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

No, they offer a clip but we have bought our own pouches. There are a ton of companies and people that make and sell pouches, including some folks here. We probably have 10 or more that she chooses from at any time, and once we wear some out, we just get more.

6. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

7. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

Both my husband and my 15yo daughter have a Ping. They both love it!

Dd wears her pump most often in a SPI-belt around her waist, but if she is wearing a dress she puts it in a thigh-thing. Thanks to the remote, she doesn't need to access the pump to bolus! :)

The pump is small enough that it is pretty inconscpicuous. She wears 18th century clothing a lot as part of her job, and she just puts the pump in her britches pocket.

8. Cdpimpinella

Cdpimpinella Approved members

My 6 year old daughter has the Ping and we love it. Especially for dresses. The fact that it has a remote so we can bolus without touching her pump is what sold it to us. She is a girly girl and wears a dress almost every day. We also have a pump pouch for just about every outfit she wears.

9. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

My DD is NOT a girlie girl. But, when she wears dresses, she wears shorts underneath to clip the pump to. At one time she used a pouch and cut a tiny hole in the pocket to feed the tubing through or we made a small hole in the side seam and made a couple of stiches in the seam above and below to keep it from unraveling.

For her long formal chorus dress, I make a pocket with elastic at the top and attached it to an inside seam. Works great.

She uses three site locations: upper thigh, upper buttocks and most favorite is upper arm. She is VERY skinny.

10. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Hanna has the ping and when she wears a dress she wears spanx underneath and tucks the pump in them, it's the most ccomfortable and least conspicuous way for her. Normally she uses the clip and just attaches it to her pants.