- advertisement -

one GOOD thing that diabetes has brought to your life?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by FeeferGross, Sep 17, 2009.

1. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

we all talk about how much we hate it, and for very good reasoning at that,
    but, how about something positive? what is one good thing that diabetes has brought yo yours or your childs life?
    one good thing for me is the friends i have made along the way, and being able to help newly diagnosed families.
    what's your one good thing?

2. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

One of the good things that diabetes has brought to my life, is it has shown me just how strong I actually can be.. Before D, I could stand to see my child get shots and there were lots of things I was scared of or thought I couldn't do.. But since, I have learned I am alot stronger and can do alot more things then I thought I could..

Another good thing is it has definately brought me closer to my family and made me thankful for them and the wonderful friends who are always concerned for us!!

Great thread by the way! !

3. samheis

samheis Approved members

Strength. Never saw myself as a strong person. Now I do.

4. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

Compassion....we can relate to people better when they are going through tough situations.

5. Annapolis Mom

Annapolis Mom Approved members

I am so, so, so close to my daughter now. Being the second child, she kind of got treated like an afterthought. Once she was diagnosed, I became so close to her.

I'm also closer to my husband and son, too, because I am much more family-centered now due to diabetes.

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I see how strong I am and how strong my son is. He is truly my hero. And diabetes has made a very strong, special bond between my boys. They may fight and argue but they love each other so much. Of course one very good thing that has come from diabetes is being here and sharing the burdens of it with all of you. Ive had the privledge to talk to some wonderful, amazing, kind, and very smart people in here. They have taught me about diabetes and living life to the fullest:) Awesome thread Chris. (your one of the people that I look up to and admire by the way):cwds:

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

CWD.
    I've found some great and generous people all over the world and don't feel alone anymore.:)

8. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Holy smokes, YOU GUYS.:)

I'm crazy about all of you. You know that, right?:):cwds:

No kidding, you all mean a whole lot to me. I am so happy to have found this community.

9. Becky Stevens mom

right back atcha Dave:cwds: this threads gonna make me cry! but thats ok, good tears:)

10. alismom

alismom Approved members

The strength that I see in my daughter. I never realized how strong, positive, fearless and determined she could be.

11. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Finally I can get my kids to understand that you really do use all that math that seems so boring to learn in school - Mulitiplication, division, ratios, averages, line graphs, pie charts, etc!

I agree with others that I have found a strength within me, my child and my family that may have been hidden in the past, but is very present now.

This community and FFL is awesome!

12. GAmom

GAmom Approved members

13. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Without a doubt D has changed my life in some positive ways. I've got more than one.

1. You guys ROCK and you are my rock.

2. My husband and I are complete team. Things were a tad rough before D, much rougher after D, but it brought us together in a way I couldn't have imagined.

3. I got to become a stay at home mom. I had no idea what I was missing until it wasn't a choice.

4. Echo of #1... I have met, emailed or spoken to some of the most amazing people on the planet.

14. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

We all took each other for granted before D. DH and I weren't getting along...things were just rough. After dx, we pulled together. We started realizing what we had to lose. We are truly a team now - all 3 (soon to be 4) of us!

15. Becky Stevens mom

hey!! you are pregnant arent you??!!:) thats super! congratulations!

16. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

Hey, we're a "soon to be 4" team also :D. Congrats! When are you due?

17. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

My best friend.. And life long friends not only for me and my family but my daughter too !

18. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Me too. :cwds:

I also value life so much more now. I want to create happy memories for my family. You never know what tomorrow brings. Your life can change in a moment. (9/11 taught me this and my son's diagnosis reinforced it)

19. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

We are still finding our way...but I am beginning to see some good things coming out of this....I think I am becoming a better mom, I also am living the dream of being a stay at home mom - I never wanted to work after kids but we never thought that I could stay home - now we are working hard at making it work. It has brought me closer to my kids and we are having more fun. (it really was all work and no play before). I know as we continue on this journey that more good things will come of it. Oh, I just thought of another...I think I am more aware of what we are all eating and becoming healthier because of it. I like this thread and have enjoyed reading the others answers...like bringing partners closer, I hope that I can say that some day as well.

20. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I'm actually having a hard time narrowing it down. There are so many things that are positive - seriously! One of the best things is that by learning how to care for Connor, I also learned how to help Brian. He now includes me into a part of his life that used to be off-limits.