- advertisement -

Omnipod stopped beeping when bolusing

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by emilyblake, Jul 28, 2011.

1. emilyblake

emilyblake Approved members

Hi everyone,

We've had an Omnipod for over 2 years now and still love it.

The other day however, we noticed that when we bolus our daughter, it no longer gives the double "beep-beep". The bolus still happens and the screen changes to show it's dosing, but no sound.

I did a few things to try to resolve it with no luck:
    1. took batteries out and restarted
    2. checked "alert" function using the PDM (all beeped)

Has anyone else had this happen? It's frustrating because that beeping was a great signal if she is somewhere i can't see (car) or for the caregivers at camp and school - I used to tell them if it beeped twice you were good...

Thanks for any help,

Emily

2. caspi

caspi Approved members

That would bother me as well -- I like to hear those beeps! ;) I would call Omnipod and let them know. :cwds:

3. emilyblake

Yeah, i was stubbornly trying to figure it out on my own which is not smart. :)

I did download their user guide and read it (searched for 'beep')

i found one section that explained "confidence alerts" - i wonder if i accidentally turned those off when i was fiddling with settings.

I am not with my dd right now, but will check when i get home.

Thanks!

4. swellman

swellman Approved members

Does it beep at other time such as a temp basal? Or filling?

5. mom2cjh

mom2cjh Approved members

I experienced this the other night when our PDM stopped working and we had to use our backup "dinosaur" PDM. Everything is working fine but the pod doesn't beep when he boluses and it also didn't do the three beeps in diagnostics for check alarms when we first put it on. Because I had to set up all the calculations in the temporary PDM I am figuring somewhere an "alarm" or "beep" is turned off. Not worth figuring out the problem with this PDM since his new one is arriving today....but if the problem persists when I set up the new PDM...I will see if you have found a solution to the lack of beeping.

6. peruvianpasohi

peruvianpasohi Approved members

If you need a back up PDM, Solara in CA 1-800-999-7516
    has the old style PDM's for non-insurance price of $70 plus shipping. Does require Rx and 1 medical necessity other page,(but they do not need other documentation, as it is not through insurance.)and they will fax both pages to your Dr. They also have a good cash price on the pods:)

7. emilyblake

Thanks so much everyone - I read your replies throughout the day but couldn't manage to write back from work.

I have figured out the problem: I accidentally turned the confidence alerts off on the PDM.

I had no idea what confidence alerts were - until i turned them off! :cwds:

To answer the other question in case this helps someone in the future, it was beeping for other things such as when we checked her blood sugar and when we tested the alerts so I knew that it was capable of beeping.

And thanks for the offer on the PDM, it's much appreciated. We have our dinosaur PDM hanging around as a back up too but the thought of the old screen - blech! I guess I am easily spoiled.

Thanks again to everyone !