- advertisement -

OmniPod Question

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Kenzie12, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Kenzie12

Kenzie12 New Member

So, I'm scheduled to start on the OmniPod this Thursday. My sister went on it a month ago and initially she loved it--then the problems started. She's had to return her PDM once because it failed and she's had three Pods fail. We're both wondering if she's a "one-off" (maybe the pods were from a bad batch or something) or if other people have also had these problems? If these are common problems with it, I'd really like to back out while I have the chance! Please, tell me your experience, good or bad!:confused:

2. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Well, not an adult but my daughter has been on hers since beginning of June and has had only 1 pod failure where they sent a replacement asap for free.
    We did have some fine tuning of finding out what extra adhesives worked best for heavy sweat and water but have since been using skin tac and have no more problems that way.
    We have not had a pdm failure at all so cannot help there, however we did purchase a spare pdm to keep on hand for times like that or loss or who knows what.
    So all in all we love hers and are very happy with it and the company.
    Good luck and I hope it works better for your sister soon.

Allene

3. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

Do you use skin-tac wipes or liquid..we are thinking of switching from mastisol as Bethany is starting to get a reaction to the mastisol (redness and itchiness at pod removal). Does it stay on in the pool?

Been on it for 9 weeks now and the only problems we have had were absorption issues and I thought it was a problem with the pod itself (but it was not, obviously). We have had only one pod failure but the beep sounded funny when we filled it up so it was an indicator that something was wrong. If we hear a strange beep again, we won't use it.

4. rmccully2000

rmccully2000 Approved members

Mason started almost two weeks ago so we are newbies. We have not had any trouble with adhesion (we use skin-tac also). No pod failures so far and the PDM has been fine. We also bought a backup in cases of PDM problem.

We LOVE it and it is everything we hoped it would be (we waited a year for availability in our area). No regrets whatsoever :)
    Becky,
    Mom to Mason, 7 Dexcom, Omnipod

5. rmccully2000

rmccully2000 Approved members

Oh, and I believe they have a 45 day money back guarantee if you decide you don't like it. I think all the pumps do this, but not positive.
    Becky

6. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

My daughter has had hers since June. We've had 3 or 4 pod failures/alarms. We also had problems with adhesives, but have since solved that. Absolutely no problem with the PDM (and she's dropped it twice!). The company has replaced every pod there was a problem with. The customer service is excellent. Overall we are extremely happy with it. Certainly has made her life much easier!

All the best to you as you are making your decision.

7. Kenzie12

Kenzie12 New Member

Thanks for all of your advice/experience. It sounds like the pods are a little iffy, but if they replace them, I'm not too worried about it (I'll just keep a spare at work). I've waited ten years for a pump without tubing, so I'm really excited to try the OmniPod. My appointment is tomorrow...fingers crossed! :)

8. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Please let us know what you think! My guess is you'll be pretty happy overall. Best of luck!

9. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members