- advertisement -

Omnipod Pathfinder software on Excel 2007?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by SPICYSMOM, Jan 14, 2008.

1. SPICYSMOM

SPICYSMOM Approved members

Has anyone tried to download the omnipod data information into an Excel 2007 spreadsheet? Insulet says the pathfinder is only tested to work with Excel 2003 - however I think that 2007 has a backwards process to use any previously versions.

My cozmo's warrenty is up in Feb and checking out the different pumps - I do not like the thickness of the pump with or without the meter - ESPECIALLY with the cozmonitor. I can do without all of the bells and whistles that I have found out I really do not use too much.

Like the idea of the omnipod - but if I am unable to download any of the information to create some type of log book - it is not worth getting.

Please help with suggestions. Thanks
    :)

2. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Not sure. We use office.
    we also hand log most of our stuff as their info only downloads 4 days at a time. Every time we do a pod change we do a download. Gives a 7,14, and 30 day summary as well though which is nice for me to look at.
    Good luck with your decision.
    Allene

3. SPICYSMOM

Allene - what version of office do you have?

Would you please go to the help at the top of your screen on your office (excel is part of the office suite) and click on the "about" - which will tell which version of office you have.

I am going to pass up the omnipod system next week if I cannot conform it will work with office 2007. I need my reports - even if these are the only 2 as I do not usually log.

Having to download every 4 days will be rough - maybe I should wait for the next 4 year go around - by then the reports should be better.

Spicysmom!

4. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

It only takes about a total of 1-3 minutes to download. Really quick. it does need to be suspended while it is downloading though so when my daughter is in the shower getting ready for a pod change I do them then. Really quick and simple.
    Okay, you are asking me for computer stuff that I do not know so bare with me.
    Did what you asked and it only wants to tell me about my browser. Hubbie is at work and I cannot reach him to ask him either. But when searching through my files I did find Microsoft Office Word 2007. Does that tell you. I tried to attach a copy of one of the logs but it would not work so i will email one to you to see.
    Allene

5. SPICYSMOM

Excel 2007 - Super - Saved The Omnipod!

WoW - now I can relax and quit stressing over the other pumps as to the next one to choose - As long as my endo does not nix my choice (he loves medtronic) - I am going to go forward with the omnipod order.

Time to fill out the paperwork and have it ready!

Thank you for verifying it is 2007 - I thought it would work - but did not want to put myself into the order if I could not download something!

I am hoping to go for DEXCOM and did not want a second item hanging from my waist - and figure the DEXCOM reports will be most what the endo will want to see.

Time to go start the fight with Aetna.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! What a weight off my shoulders!

SPICYSMOM!